Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 69 No. 4 (1983) pp. 1060-1073
Quasi-Superconductivity of One Dimensional Conductor
Institute of Physics, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305
(Received July 29, 1982)
When there is an attractive interaction between the conduction electrons in the linear conductor of a few hundred Angstroms, there appears a strong phase-phase correlation in the order parameter. The microscopic calculation also shows an enhancement of a Cooper pair vertex part by a particle-hole pair density fluctuation in one dimensional conductors at low temperatures, even though the instability of the vertex part arises only at the absolute zero temperature. However the threads of these conductors, between which there are weaker couplings, show an enhanced transition temperature over the three dimensional transition temperature Tc by the isotropic weaker coupling, in agreement with the experiment by Jérome. The behavior of an electric resistivity of a quasi-linear superconductor is also computed for temperatures below the transition and near the absolute zero and agrees with experiments by Gubser and Ishiguro et al.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.69.1060
- C. More, G. Roger, J. P. Sorbier, D. Jérome, M. Ribault and K. Bechgaard, preprint, 1981.
D. Jérome , Proc. of Int. Conf. in Low Dimensional Conductor, Boulder, 1981.
- N. N. Bogoliubov, Phys. Abhandle, Sowjetunion 6 (1962), 229.
P. C. Hohenberg, Phys. Rev. 158 (1967), 383[APS].
D. R. Nelson and J. M. Kosterlitz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 39 (1977), 1201[APS].
J. M. Kosterlitz and D. J. Thouless, J. of Phys. C 6 (1973), 1181[IoP STACKS].
I. Rudnick, Phys. Rev. Lett. 40 (1978), 1454[APS].
D. J. Bishop and J. Reppy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 40 (1978), 1727[APS].
- J. Sólyom, Adv. Phys. 28 (1979), 201.
- H. Gutfreund and W. A. Little, High Conducting One Dimensional Solids ed. by J. T. Devrees, R. P. Evrad and V. E. van Doren, (Pleunum, N.Y. 1979).
H. Fukuyama, T. M. Rice, C. M. Varma and B. I. Halperin, Phys. Rev. B 10 (1974), 3775[APS].
- B. I. Halperin, Lecture Notes in “Physics of Low Dimensional Systems”, Kyoto, 1979.
- I. E. Dzyaloshinskii and A. I. Larkin, Sov. Phys.-JETP 34 (1972), 422.
M. Fowler, Sol. St. Com. 18 (1976), 241.
- D. A. Gubser, W. W. Fuller, T. O. Poehler, J. Stokes, D. O. Cowan, M. Lee and A. N. Bloch, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. 79 (1982), 225.
K. Murata, T. Ukachi, H. Anzai, G. Saito, K. Kajimura and T. Ishiguro, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 51 (1982), 1817[JPSJ].
D. A. Krueger, Phys. Rev. Lett. 19 (1967), 563[APS];
Phys. Rev. 172 (1968), 211[APS].
J. Kondo and T. Soda, J. Low Temp. Phys. 50 (1983), 21[CrossRef].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 74 No. 4 (1985) pp. 655-660
Enhancement or Reduction of Vertex Parts of Electron-Electron Interaction in One-Dimensional Conductor