Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 84 No. 1 (1990) pp. 50-52
Scaling Breaking-Down in Multiple Pion Production at High Energy
Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, University of Tokyo, Tanashi 188
(Received February 21, 1990)
Breaking-down of Feynman scaling law in the forward region is discussed by comparing the experimental data of UA-5 and UA-7 Collaborations at CERN SPS pp collider.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.84.50
- J. Bellandi F., S. Q. Brunetto, J. A. Chinellato, C. Dobrigkeit, A. Ohsawa, K. Sawayanagi and E. H. Shibuya, Prog. Theor. Phys. 83 (1990), 58[PTP]; ICR-Report-199-89-16 (Inst. for Cosmic Ray Research, Univ. of Tokyo, 1989).
- M. Haguenauer, E. Pare, V. Innocente, S. Lanzano, K. Kasahara, Y. Muraki, T. Yuda, A. Nakamoto, H. Murakami, T. Doke, T. Kashiwagi, J. Kikuchi and K. Masuda, Proc. 20th Internat. Cosmic Ray Conf., Moscow, vol. 5 (1987), p. 23; Proc. 21st Internat. Cosmic Ray Conf., Adelaide, vol. 8 (1990), p. 29; CERN-EP/89-181 (1990).
- UA-7 Collaboration claim that Feynman scaling law is vaid in the forward region by comparing their data with those of low energy region (√s=6.85 and 52.7 (GeV)). Their ground for scaling holding is the coincidence of the plots for these two different energy regions in dσ/dy-y diagram. However, comparison should be made in dσ/σinel dy-y diagram, because σinel varies significantly with incident energy.
- To. Saito, M. Sakata, Y. Yamamoto, H. Munakata and M. Shima, Proc. 21st Internat. Cosmic Ray Conf., Adelaide, vol. 3 (1990), p. 146.
- C. M. G. Lattes et al. (Chacaltaya Emulsion Chamber Collaboration), Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 47 (1971), 1[PTP]; No. 76 (1983), 1.
N. Arata, Nucl. Phys. B211 (1983), 189.
- C. M. G. Lattes, Y. Fujimoto and S. Hasegawa, Phys. Rep. 65 (1980), 152.
S. Hasegawa, ICR-Report-151-87-5 (Inst. for Cosmic Ray Research, Univ. of Tokyo, 1987).