Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 100 No. 2 (1998) pp. 219-233
Indicators of Reconnection Processes and Transition to Global Chaos in Nontwist Maps
Department of Applied Physics, Waseda University, Tokyo 169-8555
(Received April 3, 1998)
Reconnection processes of twin-chains are systematically studied in
the quadratic twist map.
By using the reversibility and symmetry of the mapping, the location
of the indicator points is theoretically determined in the phase
The indicator points enable us to obtain useful information about the
reconnection processes and the transition to global chaos.
We succeed in deriving the general conditions for the reconnection
In addition, a new type of reconnection process which generates
shearless curves is studied.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.100.219
- Hamiltonian Dynamical Systems, ed. R. S. MacKay and J. D. Meiss (Adam Hilger, London, 1987).
J. E. Howard and S. M. Hohs, Phys. Rev. A29 (1984), 418[APS].
- J. E. Howard and J. Humpherys, Physica D80 (1995), 256.
- D. del-Castillo-Negrete, J. M. Greene and P. J. Morrison, Physica D91 (1996), 1.
- D. del-Castillo-Negrete, J. M. Greene and P. J. Morrison, Physica D100 (1997), 311.
- S. Shinohara and Y. Aizawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 97 (1997), 379[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.139 (2000) pp. 527-534
On the Diagram for the Onset of Global Chaos and Reconnection Phenomena in the Quadratic Nontwist Map
Susumu Shinohara and Yoji Aizawa