Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 13 No. 6 (1955) pp. 587-593
On the Solution of Γ's for a Type of Non-Symmetric Tensor Field gµν
Department of Pure Physics, Calcutta University, Calcutta, India
(Received March 2, 1955)
Solution of 64 non-symmetric Γ's corresponding to three special types of tensor field gµν is obtained in a simple form which includes, in particular, the spherically symmetric fields. Using general symbols k, l, m, n instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 and starting with the system of 24 fundamental equations given by Prof. Bose, the complete solutions for all three cases are arrived at by a uniform treatment, when only a set of four simultaneous equations has been solved. Simplified forms of Rµν corresponding to these cases are also obtained so as to construct the relevant field equations.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.13.587
- S. N. Bose, Ann. of Math. 59 (1954), 172.
- A. Einstein and B. Kaufman, Ann. of Math. 59 (1954), 230.
- V. Hlavaty, J. of Rational Mech. and Analysis 2 (1953), 9.
- A. Papapetrou, Proc. R. Irish Acad. 52 (1948), 69.
- H. Takeno, M. Ikeda and S. Abe, Prog. Theor. Phys. 6 (1951), 837[PTP].
- W. B. Bonnor, Proc. R. Soc. A 210 (1952), 427.
- B. R. Rao, Proc. Nat. Inst. Sci. India 19 (1953), 721.
- S. N. Bose, J. de Phys. et Radium, 14 (1953), 643.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 16 No. 5 (1956) pp. 421-428
On a Solution of Field Equations in Einstein's Unified Field Theory, I
N. N. Ghosh
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 17 No. 2 (1957) pp. 131-138
On a Solution of Field Equations in Einstein's Unified Field Theory, II
N. N. Ghosh