Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 16 No. 5 (1956) pp. 497-506
On the Foundation and the Applicability of Williams-Weizsäcker Method
Department of Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto
(Received July 9, 1956)
The energy spectrum of the virtual photon field accompanied by a high energy charged particle which has been derived classically by Williams and Weizsäcker independently is derived here by the Feynman-Dyson method, and the equivalence between the Williams-Weizsäcker and the Feynman-Dyson methods is varified in a general way when the ehergy transferred from an incident charged particle is small. It is also qualitatively shown that the cross section derived by the Williams-Weizsäcker method gives a correct order of magnitude.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.16.497
- E. J. Williams, Kgl. Dansk. Vid. Selsk. 13 (1935), No. 4.
- C. F. v. Weizsäcker, Zeit. f. Phys. 88 (1934), 612.
- E. J. Williams, loc. cit.
- Y. Nishina, S. Tomonaga and M. Kobayashi, Sci. Pap. Inst. Phys. Chem. Research, Jpn. 27 (1935), 137.
E. J. Williams, loc. cit..
H. J. Bhabha, Proc. R. Soc. A 152 (1935), 559.
- H. Fukuda, Y. Fujimoto and M. Koshiba, Prog. Theor. Phys. 6 (1951), 788[PTP].
- T. Murota, A. Ueda and H. Tanaka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 16 (1956), 482, [PTP]quoted as I here.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 23 No. 6 (1960) pp. 1117-1137
Interactions Induced by High Energy Neutrinos