Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 22 No. 1 (1959) pp. 89-100
On the Relations between Spin Polarizations and Distorted Wave Theory of the Direct Reactions
Department of Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto
(Received March 26, 1959)
The spin polarization in the distorted wave theory of stripping is presented in a general form, and the interesting problems are discussed, such as, what polarization comes from what types of the distortion of the wave functions. Under certain conditions, the exact relations are derived between the signs of polarization and the distortion of particle wave functions. It is pointed out that the similar relations are also present in other direct reactions. As an example, polarization in the inelastic scattering is studied briefly.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.22.89
- S. T. Butler, Proc. Roy. Soc. A 208 (1951), 559.
Bhatia, Huang, Huby and Newns, Phil. Mag. 43 (1952), 485.
Austern, Butler, and McManus, Phys. Rev. 92 (1953), 350[APS].
- J. Horowitz and A. M. L. Messiah, Journ. de Phys. et Rad. 14 (1953), 695.
W. Tobocman and M. H. Kalos, Phys. Rev. 97 (1955), 132[APS].
- W. Tobocman, Tech. Rep. No. 29, Case Institute of Technology (1956).
- S. Hayakawa and S. Yoshida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 14 (1955), 1[PTP].
R. Kajikawa and W. Watari, Prog. Theor. Phys. 18 (1957), 103[PTP].
J. R. Lamarsh and H. Feshbach, Phys. Rev. 104 (1956), 1633[APS].
C. A. Levinson and M. K. Banerjee, Ann. of Phys. 1 (1957), 471.
- H. C. Newns, Proc. Phys. Soc. A 66 (1953), 477.
S. T. Butler, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 272[APS].
S. Simon and T. A. Welton, Phys. Rev. 90 (1953), 1036[APS].
Huby, Refai and Satchler, Nucl. Phys. 9 (1958/59), 94[CrossRef].
Recently, the relation between polarization and distorted wave theory has also been investigated by Huby et al. with emphasis on the experimental test of it. In order to make the comparison of their work with ours easy, the same notations are used throughout this paper as those of Huby et al.
- H. C. Newns and M. Y. Refai. Proc. Phys. Soc. 71 (1958), 627.
- H. A. Weidenmüller, Zeits. für Physik 150 (1958), 389.
- J. Yoccoz, Proc. Phys. Soc. A 67 (1954), 813.
- G. E. Brown and C. T. de Dominicis, Proc. Phys. Soc. A 70 (1957), 686.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 30 No. 1 (1963) pp. 45-59
The Theory of Direct Nuclear Knock-out Reactions
Jae Young Park