Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 25 No. 6 (1961) pp. 895-900
The Composite Model of Mesons as a Limit of Meson Theory
Department of Physics, Kinki University, Osaka
(Received December 7, 1960)
In meson theory with local interactions, the probability amplitudes for bare mesons vanish in the limit of infinite bare coupling constant g→∞ and infinite bare meson mass µ→∞, where g/µ remains finite. Then the probability amplitude for no meson state satisfies the same eigenvalue equation as the composite model with local Fermi interactions, whose coupling constant is G=½g2.
The physical meaning of such a procedure and the results thus obtained are discussed.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.25.895
- B. Jouvet, Nuovo Cim. 5 (1957), 1.
T. D. Lee, Phys. Rev. 95 (1954), 1329[APS].
- S. Machida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 14 (1955), 407[PTP].
- J. C. Houard and B. Jouvet, Nuovo Cim. 18 (1961), 466.
- Y. Ataka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 25 (1961), 369[PTP].
- Y. Ataka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 22 (1959), 321[PTP].
- Z. Maki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 16 (1956), 667[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 27 No. 1 (1962) pp. 211-212
Remarks on the Correspondence between Field Theories with Yukawa and Fermi Interactions
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 41 No. 4 (1969) pp. 1064-1080
A Diagonalization Method of a Hamiltonian in Second-Quantization. I
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 41 No. 5 (1969) pp. 1289-1308
A Diagonalization Method of a Hamiltonian in Second-Quantization. II