Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 26 No. 4 (1961) pp. 505-518
On a Radiative Decay of Σ+
Department of Physics, Rikkyo University, Tokyo
(Received June 14, 1961)
The radiative decay of Σ+ is examined by using a dispersion theoretic method. The matrix element is related to those of the pion-photoproduction from proton and the ordinary Σ+-decay in the lowest mass approximation. In order to obtain the real part of the matrix element, according to Fijii-Iwata's rule we introduce the parameter which reflects the damping behavior of the decay matrix element corresponding to the increase of Q-values. Concerning the effective interaction of Σ+→n0+π+, we assumed the conventional type, i.e. a++b+γ5. Examining our results in the light of the observed decay rate, we conclude that b+ may be excluded in some accuracy as seen in Table II.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.26.505
- See, for example, Sessions S4 and R4 of the Proceedings of the 1960 Annual International Conference on High Energy Physics at Rochester (Interscience Pub. Inc., New York, 1960).
- M. Kawaguchi and K. Nishijima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 15 (1956), 182[PTP].
C. Iso and M. Kawaguchi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 16 (1956), 177[PTP].
R. E. Behrends, Phys. Rev. 111 (1958), 1691, [APS]
where one finds an extensive study of the radiative decay of a hyperon in the perturbation method.
- P. Prakash and A. H. Zimerman, Notas de Fisica CBPF (Brasil) 6 (1960), 141.
- P. Prakash and A. H. Zimerman, Nuovo Cim. 11 (1959), 869.
- Proceedings of the 1960 Annual International Conference on High Energy Physics at Rochester (Interscience Pub. Inc., New York, 1960), p. 439.
H. A. Tolhoek, Rev. Mod. Phys. 28 (1956), 277[APS].
See for example, F. E. Low, Phys. Rev. 97 (1955), 1392[APS].
H. Lehmann, K. Symanzik and W. Zimmermann, Nuovo Cim. 2 (1955), 425.
- E. Corinaldesi, Nuovo Cim. 4 (1956), 1605.
M. L. Goldberger and S. B. Treiman, Phys. Rev. 110 (1958), 1178[APS];
Phys. Rev. 111 (1958), 354[APS]; Nuovo Cim. 2 (1958), 451.
- K. Kawarabayashi and S. Machida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 25 (1960), 17[PTP].
G. F. Chew, R. Karplus, S. Gasiorowicz and F. Zachariasen, Phys. Rev. 110 (1958), 265[APS].
G. F. Chew, M. L. Goldberger, F. E. Low and Y. Nambu, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 1345[APS].
S. Fubini, Y. Nambu and V. Wataghin, Phys. Rev. 111 (1958), 329[APS].
A. M. Bincer, Phys. Rev. 118 (1960), 855[APS].
- K. Fujii and K. Iwata, Prog. Theor. Phys. 21 (1959), 207[PTP].
- W. H. Barkas and A. H. Rosenfeld, Proceedings of the 1960 Annual International Conference on High Energy Physics at Rochester (Interscience Pub. Inc., New York, 1960), p. 590, p. 877.
B. Cork, L. Kerth, W. A. Wenzel, J. W. Cronin and R. L. Cool, Phys. Rev. 120 (1960), 1000[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 34 No. 5 (1965) pp. 843-850
Weak Gamma Decays of Hyperons
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 35 No. 4 (1966) pp. 648-658
Systematic Analysis of the Weak γ Decay of Hyperons
Masahiko Hirooka and Masataka Hosoda