Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 28 No. 2 (1962) pp. 233-250
Many-Body Theoretical Approach to the Fire-Ball Model in Multiple Production of Particles
*Department of Physics, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo
**Science and Engineering Research Laboratory, Waseda University, Tokyo
***Department of Applied Physics, Waseda University, Tokyo
(Received February 2, 1962)
The “fire-ball” observed in the multiple production of particles is interpreted and analysed in terms of a correlated assembly of produced particles like a superfluid. It is shown that the momentum spectrum of produced mesons is proportional to the form of dk/k2, by assuming λφ4 for the meson-meson interaction Hamiltonian in the final state. A possibility of the many fire-balls is briefly discussed. Before going into these discussions a possible reduction of the S-matrix elements or the cross section of the overall process is presented, where its final-state interaction part may be separated from the high energy interaction part in a short collision time.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.28.233
- W. Heisenberg, Z. Phys. 111 (1936), 533.
- K. Niu, Utyusen Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese for cosmic-ray studies) 3 (1958), 85; Nuovo Cim. 10 (1958), 994.
- M. Miesowicz et al., Nuovo Cim. 8 (1958), 166; ibid. 10 (1958), 741.
F. Salzman and G. Salzman, Phys. Rev. 121 (1961), 1541[APS].
D. S. Chernavsky et al., JETP 40 (1961), 1093; ibid. 40 (1961), 1333.
Based upon the two-center model the structure of S-matrix element for the multiple production has been phenomenologically discussed by
D. Ito et al., Nuovo Cim. 20 (1961), 878.
- E. Fermi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 5 (1950), 570[PTP].
- L. Landau, Izv. Akad. Nauk USSR 17 (1953), 57.
M. Gell-Mann and M. L. Goldberger, Phys. Rev. 91 (1953), 489[APS].
- N. N. Bogoliubov, V. V. Tolmachev and D. V. Shirkov, A New Method in the Theory of Superconductivity (Academy of Sciences of U.S.S.R., Moscow, 1958).
For the discussion of superfluidity, see Beliaev's article in The Many Body Problem edited by C. Dewitt (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, 1958).
- N. N. Bogoliubov, D. N. Zubarev and Ju. A. Cerkovnikov, Doklady Akad. Nauk USSR, 117 (1958), 788.
- D. N. Zubarev and Ju. A. Cerkovnikov, Doklady Akad. Nauk USSR, 120 (1958), 991.
- S. Hasegawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 26 (1961), 150[PTP]; Proceedings of the Conference on Cosmic Rays and the Earth Storm, Kyoto, 1961.