Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 29 No. 6 (1963) pp. 851-864
Application of Regge Hypothesis to Multiple Meson Production
Department of Physics, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
(Received March 11, 1963)
Inelastic scattering is formulated in terms of Regge hypothesis, provided that the exchanged off-shell Regge particles can be treated like the strongly interacting particles on the mass-shell. The distributions of momentum transfer and some other quantities are calculated within this framework. It is characteristic of this model that Δ∥2 - Δ02 is small in comparison with Δ⊥2. Here Δ denotes momentum transfer, and Δ0, Δ∥ and Δ⊥ denote its time-, longitudinal and transverse components, respectively. The formulation is extended to a multicentral description. The so-called H-quantum proposed by S. Hasegawa is conjectured to have the same quantum numbers except for spin.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.29.851
- T. Regge, Nuovo Cim. 14 (1959), 951; ibid. 18 (1960), 947.
G. F. Chew, S. C. Frautschi and S. Mandelstam, Phys. Rev. 126 (1962), 1201[APS].
S. C. Frautschi, M. Gell-Mann and F. Zachariasen, Phys. Rev. 126 (1962), 2204[APS].
G. Cocconi, A. N. Diddens, E. Lillethun, G. Manning, A. E. Taylor, T. G. Walker and A. M. We-therell, Phys. Rev. Lett. 7 (1961), 450[APS].
- H. Miyazawa and M. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 28 (1962), 1102[PTP].
A. N. Diddens, E. Lillethun, G. Manning, A. E. Taylor, T. G. Walker and A. M. Wetherell, Phys. Rev. Lett. 9 (1962), 111[APS].
- M. Gell-Mann, preprint, CERN, Geneve.
M. Jacob and G. C. Wick, Ann. of Phys. 7 (1959), 404[CrossRef].
- A. P. Contogouris, S. C. Frautschi and How-sen Wong, preprint, Cornell University.
S. D. Drell, Rev. Mod. Phys. 33 (1961), 458[APS].
F. Salzman and G. Salzman, Phys. Rev. 125 (1962), 1703[APS].
E. Ferrari and F. Selleri, Nuovo Cim. 21 (1961), 1028.
M. Gell-Mann, Phys. Rev. Lett. 8 (1962), 263[APS].
V. N. Gribov and I. Ya. Pomeranchuk, Phys. Rev. Lett. 8 (1962), 343[APS].
Y. Hara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 28 (1962), 711[PTP].
- S. Hasegawa and K. Yokoi, Uchyusen Kenkyu (Mimeographed circular in Japan) 7 (1962), 186. This is a preprint to the International Conference on High-energy Physics at CERN in 1962.
- P. Ciok, T. Coghen, J. Gierula, R. Holynski, A. Jurak, M. Miesowicz, T. Saniewska, O. Stanisz and J. Pernegr, Nuovo Cim. 8 (1958), 166; ibid. 8 (1958), 741.
K. Niu, Nuovo Cim. 10 (1958), 994.
G. Cocconi, Phys. Rev. 111 (1958), 1699[APS].
- S. Hasegawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 128[PTP].
- S. Minami, Prog. Theor. Phys., to be published.