Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 29 No. 6 (1963) pp. 865-876
Application of the Sawada Transformation to Multichannel Problem
Department of Physics, Tokyo University of Education, Tokyo
*Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka
(Received January 5, 1963)
The scattering amplitudes for multichannel coupled systems are obtained by generalizing the Sawada transformation in the meson theory. We are concerned with the scattering problem of boson-baryon systems with a total angular momentum of J = 3/2, a total isospin of I = 0 and a strangenesss S = -1 and pay attention, in particular, to the effects of mass differences among mesons and baryons. Throughout this paper, parities of the pion and kaon are assumed to be odd with respect to the λN, ΣN, and ΞN. It is shown that mass differences among mesons and baryons give rise to considerable effects for resonance energies. The present method turns out to be closely related to the dispersion theoretic approach.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.29.865
- Y. Nogami, Prog. Theor. Phys. 22 (1959), 25[PTP].
D. Amati, A. Stanghellini and B. Vitale, Phys. Rev. Lett. 5 (1960), 524[APS].
M. M. Islam, Nuovo Cim. 20 (1961), 161.
Y. Matsuzaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 27 (1962), 461[PTP].
Fonda and Newton, Nuovo Cim. 14 (1959), 1027.
Y. Fujii, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 71[PTP]; ibid. 29 (1963), 574[PTP].
- Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 27 (1962), 203[PTP].
- K. Sawada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 9 (1953), 455[PTP].
- Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 24 (1960), 840[PTP].
- K. Nakazawa, M. Bando, R. Sugano and M. Uehara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 591[PTP].
- J. Franklin, “Pion-Hyperon Resonance for Small fΣ”, 1961, unpublished.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 31 No. 1 (1964) pp. 126-138
Boson and Baryon Scattering in the Violated Octet Model