Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 31 No. 1 (1964) pp. 126-138
Boson and Baryon Scattering in the Violated Octet Model
Department of Physics, Tokyo University of Education, Tokyo
(Received June 24, 1963)
In the framework of the unitary symmetry scheme, the stabilities of the irreducible representations of the baryon-boson systems are considered for both cases of the symmetry limit and of the broken symmetry, using the static approximation.
The one dimensional and ten dimensional representations seem to be most stable, and the levels of them are identified with the resonant levels of Y0*, N3/2*, Y1* and Ξ1/2*, by adjusting the parameters α, β and A which are the mixing parameters between the D coupling interaction and the F coupling interaction and cut-off energy, respectively.
The mass of the I=0 member of the ten dimensional multiplets is predicted. Furthermore, the coupling constants among baryons and bosons and the possibility of explaining the small branching ratio of Y1* and obtained from these parameters.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.31.126
- M. Hosoda and H. Shimoida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 865[PTP].
This is referred as (I) here after.
D. Amati, Stanghellini and B. Vitale, Phys. Rev. Lett. 5 (1962), 524[APS].
- J. Franklin, “Pion-Hyperon Resonances for Small fΣ” (1961), unpublished.
L. Trueman, Phys. Rev. 127 (1962), 2240[APS].
- K. Nakazawa, M. Bando, R. Sugano, M. Uehara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 590[PTP].
- K. Igi and H. Shimoida, Nuovo Cim. 22 (1961), 208.
- L. Glashow and J. J. Sakurai, Nuovo Cim. 25 (1962), 337.
- Y. Hara and Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 466[PTP].
- M. Ikeda, S. Ogawa and Y. Ohnuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 22 (1959), 715[PTP]; ibid. 23 (1960), 1073[PTP]; Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 19 (1961), 44[PTP].
- Y. Yamaguchi, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 11 (1959), 1[PTP].
- M. Gell-Mann, Cal. Tech. Rep. CTSL-20, unpublished.
Y. Néeman, Nucl. Phys. 24 (1961), 222[Elsevier].
- S. Okubo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 27 (1962), 949[PTP]; ibid. 28 (1962), 24[PTP].
- Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 28 (1962), 967[PTP].
Report of 1962 High Energy CERN conference.
- The mathematical formulation was suggested by Professor Y. Miyamoto.
J. J. Sakurai, Phys. Rev. Lett. 7 (1961), 426[APS].
- J. M. Blatt and V. F. Weisskopf, Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Chap. VIII.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 31 No. 6 (1964) pp. 1165-1167
Cabibbo Theory and the Meson Cloud
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 32 No. 2 (1964) pp. 263-278
Boson- and Baryon-Resonances in the Octet Model
Masataka Hosoda and Yoneji Miyamoto