Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 37 No. 4 (1967) pp. 702-709
Photoproduction of Pions at the Second Pion-Nucleon Resonance
Physics Laboratory, Yoshida College, Kyoto University, Kyoto
(Received November 10, 1966)
The resonant amplitudes for the single pion photoproduction from the nucleon are calculated at the second pion-nucleon resonance. A simple model is used, in which the second resonance and nucleon ground states are represented by solutions of the Klein-Gordon equation with effective potentials chosen suitably. The amplitudes for the electric dipole and the magnetic quadrupole transitions, E2- and M2-, and the total cross section for the resonant photoproduction of neutral pions are computed. The main features of the resonant photoproduction process are well explained by this simple model.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.37.702
- Ph. Salin, Nuovo Cim. 28 (1963), 1294.
H. De Staebler, E. F. Erickson, A. C. Hearn and C. Schaerf, Phys. Rev. 140 (1965), B336[APS].
In this paper summaries of the experimental data on angular distributions for π0 photoproduction are given.
See also papers cited in reference 3).
- D. S. Beder, Nuovo Cim. 33 (1964), 94.
G. F. Chew, M. L. Goldberger, F. E. Low and Y. Nambu, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 1345[APS].
- R. Wilson, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Electron and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Hamburg (1965).
F. F. Liu and S. Vitale, Phys. Rev. 144 (1966), 1093[APS].
- W. Schmidt, G. Schwiderski and H. Wunder, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Electron and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Hamburg (1965).
A. Bietti, Phys. Rev. 142 (1966), 1258[APS].
- T. Yamaki, private communication, to be published in Prog. Theor. Phys.
B. T. Feld, Ann. of Phys. 1 (1957), 58[CrossRef];
ibid. 4 (1958), 189[CrossRef].
- S. Otsuki and S. Sawada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 666[PTP].
- J. M. Blatt and V. F. Weisskopf, Theoretical Nuclear Physics (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1952), Chap. XII.
- M. E. Rose, Multipole Fields (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1955), Chaps. III, IV and VI.
- P. M. Morse and H. Feshbach, Method of Theoretical Physics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953), Chap. 12.
L. H. Chan, K. W. Chen, J. R. Dunning, N. F. Ramsey, J. K. Walker and R. Wilson, Phys. Rev. 141 (1966), 1298[APS].
A. H. Rosenfeld, A. Barbaro-Galtieri, W. H. Barkas, P. L. Bastien, J. Kirz and M. Roos, Rev. Mod. Phys. 37 (1965), 633[APS].
R. G. Moorhouse, Phys. Rev. Lett. 16 (1966), 772[APS].
- K. Fujimura, T. H. Kobayashi and T. R. Kobayashi, Soryushiron Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese) 34 (1966), 151.