Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 39 No. 1 (1968) pp. 108-117
Effect of Hidden Channels on Low-Lying Channels
Department of Physics, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
*Department of Physics, Rikkyo University, Tokyo
(Received July 28, 1967)
The channel coupling effect is discussed for the two-channel amplitude when the threshold of the second channel is very high. The amplitude is written as the sum of the pure elastic term and the channel coupling term. In the low energy region in the first channel, the channel coupling term can be approximated by the modified Born term of an elementary particle (Z3≠0) or intermediate one (Z3=0) corresponding to the cases whether the pure elastic term of the second channel contains a bound state or not, respectively. It is proposed to classify particles and resonances to three categories according to the dynamical origin of them.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.39.108
- Y. Fujii and M. Uehara, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 21 (1963), 138[PTP].
- E. J. Squires, Nuovo Cim. 34 (1964), 1751.
M. Bander, P. W. Coulter and G. L. Shaw, Phys. Rev. Lett. 14 (1965), 271[APS].
J. B. Hartle and C. E. Jones, Phys. Rev. Lett. 14 (1965), 801[APS].
H. Munczek and A. Pignotti, Phys. Lett. 16 (1965), 198[CrossRef].
J. Finkelstein, Phys. Rev. 140 (1965), B175[APS].
- T. Kanki, Nuovo Cim. 37 (1965), 1769.
D. Atkinson, K. Dietz and D. Morgan, Ann. of Phys. 37 (1966), 77[CrossRef].
Y. Fujii, Phys. Rev. 139 (1965), B472[APS].
J. D. Björken, Phys. Rev. Lett. 4 (1960), 473[APS].
- K. Kinoshita, Prog. Theor. Phys. 38 (1967), 283[PTP]; ibid. 38 (1967), 705[PTP].
- Z. Maki, Y. Ohnuki and S. Sakata, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. Extra Number (1965), 406, [PTP]and papers cited there.
- K. Kinoshita, Prog. Theor. Phys. 35 (1966), 964[PTP]; Soryushiron Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese) 32 (1966), 462.
- M. Uehara, Soryushiron Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese) 34 (1967), 439.
- M. Ida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 34 (1965), 92[PTP].
See also T. Akiba, S. Saito and F. Takagi, Nuovo Cim. 39 (1965), 316.
Further developments of the Green's function method are reviewed in K. Hayashi, M. Hirayama, T. Muta, N. Seto and T. Shirafuji, Forts. Physik (to be published).
C. Michael, Phys. Lett. 21 (1966), 93[CrossRef].
- M. Uehara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 781[PTP].
- M. Uehara, R. Sugano, K. Nakazawa and M. Nakayama, Soryushiron Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese) 24 (1961), 280; ibid. 25 (1962), 369.
- A. Barbaro-Galtieri, Lecture at the School Ettore Majorana (1966), and papers cited therein.
- For example,
P. Coulter and G. Shaw, Phys. Rev. 141 (1966), 1419[APS].
D. Atkinson and M. B. Halpern, Phys. Rev. 150 (1966), 1377[APS].
J. H. Schwarz, Phys. Rev. 152 (1966), 1325[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 41 No. 4 (1969) pp. 1046-1056
Dynamical Implication of the πN P11 Data
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 42 No. 3 (1969) pp. 629-640
Inelastic Resonances with the Repulsive Background