Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 41 No. 6 (1969) pp. 1504-1514
On the Effect of Higher π-N Resonances on N-N Scattering
Department of Physics, Rikkyo University, Tokyo
(Received February 4, 1969)
Effects of higher π-N resonances than N33*(1236) on nucleon-nucleon scattering are investigated for the uncorrelated 2π-exchange term. The cutoff for momentum transfer at tmax
is treated as a parameter. It is found that the contribution from these higher resonances is extremely small as a whole, in so far as we take tmax
< 25(pion mass)2, due to large cancellation among them in S-wave 2π state. Then, the conclusions for 2π exchange effect, derived by using the CGLN (N+N33*)-approximation, have a rather extensive validity provided the practical necessity of introducing the cutoff.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.41.1504
- See, for example, S. Furuichi, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 39 (1967), 190[PTP].
G. F. Chew, M. L. Goldberger, F. E. Low and Y. Nambu, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 1337[APS].
- S. Furuichi and W. Watari, Prog. Theor. Phys. 34 (1965), 594[PTP].
- S. Furuichi and W. Watari, Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 348[PTP].
- S. Furuichi and T. Sōkawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 38 (1967), 516[PTP].
- S. Furuichi, T. Ueda, W. Watari and M. Yonezawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 41 (1969), 131[PTP].
S. Furuichi, H. Suemitsu, W. Watari and M. Yonezawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 41 (1969), 461[PTP].
- S. Furuichi and M. Yonezawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 33 (1965), 238[PTP].
- C. Lovelace, Rapporteur's talk in Proceedings of the Heidelberg International Conference on High Energy Physics (North-Holland, 1968).
See, for example, V. Berger and D. Cline, Phys. Rev. Lett. 20 (1968), 298[APS].
- S. Furuichi and K. Watanabe, Prog. Theor. Phys. 35 (1966), 408[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 42 No. 3 (1969) pp. 744-746
Effect of Nucleon Higher Resonances on the Nucleon Electromagnetic Form Factors
Susumu Furuichi, Hiroyuki Kanada and Keiji Watanabe