Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 44 No. 3 (1970) pp. 590-598
Vacuum Expectation Values of Some Exponential Operators
Department of Physics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
(Received March 24, 1970)
The vacuum expectation values (VEV) of operators exp
(A+B)n, n > 2, where [A, B] is a c-number are given as formal (divergent) power series. A generalization of the Borel summation is used to construct from those divergent power series the VEVs in integral representation which fulfill the requirements of generalized Padé approximation. A correspondence with the S-matrix elements in the Peres model is shown.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.44.590
- I. Fujiwara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 7 (1952), 433[PTP].
I. Fujiwara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 9 (1953), 976[PTP].
K. Yamazaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 7 (1952), 449[PTP].
K. Yamazaki, talk given at Univ. of Munich (1968).
A. Peres, J. Math. Phys. 4 (1963), 332[CrossRef].
- E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, A Course of Modern Analysis (Cambridge, 1963). p. 154.
G. A. Baker, Jr., Phys. Rev. 161 (1967), 434[APS].
- G. A. Baker, Jr. and J. S. R. Chisholm, preprint, Canterbury (1965).
- G. A. Baker, Jr., Adv. Theor. Phys. (1965), Vol. I.
- E. M. Wright, Proc. Lon. Math. Soc. 46 (1940), 389.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 44 No. 3 (1970) pp. 830-831
A Comment on a Paper of Blomer
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 44 No. 4 (1970) pp. 1109-1109
A Further Comment on a Paper of Blomer