Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 45 No. 4 (1971) pp. 1248-1257
Proper-Time Formulation of the Dual Resonance Model and Subsidiary Conditions. II
Department of Physics, Tokyo University of Education, Tokyo
(Received October 12, 1970)
We have proposed proper-time formulation of the dual resonance model for α(0)=1. As in the case of α(0)≠1, we discuss the generalized Möbius transformations for an infinite-dimensional group. (Its algebraic structure has been investigated by Fubini and Veneziano). Next we elucidate the invariance properties of the proper-time equation for α(0)=1 under this group. Then it is shown that there are infinite conserved currents; they correspond to infinitely many Ward-like identities or subsidiary conditions which were first found by Virasoro. Further we discuss the ghost problem.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.45.1248
- M. Biyajima and M. Kenmoku, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 1100, [PTP]hereafter referred to as paper I.
- M. A. Virasoro, University of Wisconsin preprint COO=267 (1969).
Y. Nambu, Enrico Fermi Institute preprint EFI-69-64 (1969).
- S. Fubini and G. Veneziano, MIT preprints CTP #114 (1969), #128 (1970).
- Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 564[PTP]; ibid. 43 (1970), 1620[PTP].
- M. Biyajima and Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1971), 825[PTP].
- E. Del Giudice and P. Di. Vecchia, MIT preprint CEP #138.
- P. A. M. Dirac, The Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Fourth Edition, Oxford at the Clarendon Press (1958), p. 286.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 46 No. 6 (1971) pp. 1849-1863
Physical States, Spurious States and Projection Operator in the Dual Resonance Model
Masakatsu Kenmoku and Mitsuru Yamada
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 48 No. 4 (1972) pp. 1308-1323
Plateau's Problem and the Virasoro Conditions in the Theory of Duality