Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 45 No. 1 (1971) pp. 50-60
Anomalous Green's Function Theory of the Kondo Effect. II
— Pair Correlation of Impurity Spins
Department of Physics, Tohoku University, Sendai
(Received August 3, 1969; Revised May 15, 1970)
The quasi-spin formulation of an s-d exchange interaction which was presented in a previous paper is applied to an investigation of a pair correlation of impurity spins in a spin-compensated dilute alloy at low temperatures. No vital change in the feature of spin compensation is effected by the pair correlation. The impurity spins embedded in and cancelled by electron spin clouds are, however, coupled in antiparallel with each other due to the Kondo effect. The pair correlation is found relatively long-ranged.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.45.50
- J. Kondo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 32 (1964), 37[PTP].
Y. Nagaoka, Phys. Rev. 138 (1965), A1112[APS]; Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 875[PTP].
K. Yosida, Phys. Rev. 147 (1966), 223[APS].
A. Okiji, Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 712[PTP].
H. Ishii and K. Yosida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 38 (1967), 61[PTP].
- Y. Kurata, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 621[PTP].
- See a discussion in §1 and §7 of reference 4).
- It is categorized by: J. Kondo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 40 (1968), 684[PTP].
- A preminary report of the work was made in: Proceedings of the 12th International on Low Temperature Physics, Kyoto, 1970 (to be published).
- T. Kasuya, Prog. Theor. Phys. 16 (1956), 45[PTP].
K. Yosida, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 893[APS].
- See the Appendix D in reference 4).
- See, for instance, D. N. Zubarev, Uspekhi Fiz. Nauk SSSR 71 (1960), 71 [Sov. Phys. -Uspekhi 3 (1960), 320].
V. L. Bonch-Bruevich and S. V. Tyablikov, The Green Function Method in Statistical Mechanics (North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam, 1962).
- K. Yosida, the second paper in reference 8).
- P. W. Anderson, Solid State Physics 14, ed. F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic Press, 1963).
S. Alexander and P. W. Anderson, Phys. Rev. 133 (1964), 1594[APS].