Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 46 No. 1 (1971) pp. 1-14
Superconducting Fluctuation Effects on the S-I-N Junction Current
Department of Physics, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
(Received August 24, 1970; Revised October 12, 1970)
A microscopic study of superconducting fluctuation effects is applied to the investigation of various tunneling currents through an M1-I-M2 junction in which the temperature is just above the transition temperature Tc of the metallic film M2, and is well below that of the metal M1. The main contribution to the current in the voltage region eV ≃T-Tc ≪Tc comes from the tunneling of Cooper pairs, existing temporarily in M2 due to fluctuation. It is found out that this current exhibits a qualitatively different behavior according to the condition whether the transmission of particles through a barrier is specular or diffuse. If it is assumed to be specular, the behavior of the current agrees qualitatively with Ferrell's and Scalapino's results obtained by semiphenomenological discussions for the flucuations.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.46.1
- H. Takayama, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 1445[PTP].
E. Abrahams, M. Redi and J. W. F. Woo, Phys. Rev. B 1 (1970), 208[APS].
J. P. Hurault and K. Maki, Phys. Rev. B 2 (1971), 2560[APS].
R. W. Cohen, B. Abeles and C. R. Fuselier, Phys. Rev. Lett. 23 (1969), 377[APS].
R. A. Ferrell, J. Low Temp. Phys. 1 (1969), 423[CrossRef].
D. J. Scalapino, Phys. Rev. Lett. 24 (1970), 1052[APS].
- K. Yoshihiro and K. Kajimura, Phys. Lett. A 32 (1970), 743, and the paper presented at the XII International Conference in Low Temperature Physics, Kyoto, 1970.
J. T. Anderson and A. M. Goldman, Phys. Rev. Lett. 25 (1970), 743[APS].
- H. Takayama, the paper presented at the XII International Conference in Low Temperature Physics, Kyoto 1970.
- P. W. Anderson, Progress in Low Temperature Physics, edited by C. J. Gorter (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1967), Vol. 5, Chap. 1.
- K. Maki, Superconductivity, edited by R. D. Parks (Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1969), Vol. 2, Chap. 18.
- L. G. Aslamazov and A. L. Larkin, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 10 (1968), 1104 [English Trans: Sov. Phys. -Solid State 10 (1968), 875].
J. Bardeen, Phys. Rev. Lett. 6 (1961), 57[APS].
V. Ambegaokar and A. Baratoff, Phys. Rev. Lett. 10 (1963), 486[APS].
R. Stratton, Phys. Rev. 136 (1964), A837[APS].
- T. Tsuzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 41 (1969), 1600[PTP].
- H. Takayama and H. Ebisawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 1450[PTP].
W. A. Harrison, Phys. Rev. 123 (1961), 85[APS].
- K. Maki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 40 (1968), 193[PTP].
- See for example, A. A. Abrikosov, L. P. Gorkov and I. E. Dzyaloshinskii, Methods of Quantum Field Theory in Statistical Physics (Pergamon Press, New York, 1965).
B. R. Patton, V. Ambegaokar and J. W. Wilkins, Solid State Commun. 7 (1969), 1287[CrossRef].
Citing Article(s) :
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 56 (1987) pp. 3744-3745
Superconducting Fluctuation Effects on N-I-N Tunneling Current
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 66 (1997) pp. 2437-2458
Goldstone Mode in Charged Superconductivity: Theoretical Studies of the Carlson-Goldman Mode and Effects of the Landau Damping in the Superconducting State
Yoji Ohashi and Satoshi Takada