Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 46 No. 6 (1971) pp. 1849-1863
Physical States, Spurious States and Projection Operator in the Dual Resonance Model
Department of Physics, Tokyo University of Education, Tokyo
(Received April 24, 1971)
Physical states of each mass level of the dual resonance amplitudes are completely characterized. Ghost states in the physical states are extracted from the parent, the first daughter and the second daughter trajectories. There exist six particles with positive metric and only one particle with negative metric at each level on the second daughter trajectory. Some geometric properties of the projection operators are studied. The investigations are made throughout for general cases where α(0)<0.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.46.1849
- S. Fubini and G. Veneziano, Nuovo Cim. A 64 (1969), 811.
- F. Gliozzi, Lett. Nuovo Cim. 2 (1969), 846.
C. B. Chiu, S. Matsuda and C. Rebbi, Phys. Rev. Lett. 23 (1969), 1526[APS].
- M. Ida, H. Matsumoto and S. Yazaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 456[PTP].
- E. Del Giudice and P. Di Vecchia, MIT preprint CTP #138.
M. Kenmoku and M. Biyajima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 45 (1971), 1248[PTP].
- M. Yamada, Tokyo University of Education Preprint.
- J. M. Combes and J. Soffer, Nuovo Cim. A 2 (1971), 279.
- M. Ida and J. Soffer, Nuovo Cim. A 3 (1971), 355.
- M. Yamada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 46 (1971), 256[PTP].