Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 46 No. 3 (1971) pp. 938-967
Hadronic Scattering Amplitudes in the Quark Model. II
— Introduction of Spins of Quarks and Analytic Properties of Dual and Diffractive Amplitudes
Department of Physics, Tokyo University of Education, Tokyo
(Received December 22, 1970)
Dual and Diffractive amplitudes are discussed in the unified description in terms of the quark model proposed in a previous paper (I). Introduction of spins and unitary spins of quarks and analytic properties of dual and diffractive amplitudes are investigated in meson-meson and meson-baryon scatterings. It is indicated that there are some possibilities for the analytic properties of the dual H type diagram, i.e., not only a pole-pole correspondance like the Veneziano amplitude but also a pole-cut correspondence and a cut-cut one. The Z type diagram in meson-baryon scattering is also studied and it is shown that the Z type diagram leads to only a pole-pole duality like the Veneziano amplitude except fixed cuts in the spin part of the amplitude. As for diffractive amplitudes, the generalized form of the Wu-Yang conjecture is derived. Baryon-antibaryon (baryon) scattering is also discussed.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.46.938
- T. Kobayashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 45 (1971), 902[PTP].
H. Harari, Phys. Rev. Lett. 22 (1969), 562[APS].
J. L. Rosner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 22 (1969), 789[APS].
T. Matsuoka, K. Ninomiya and S. Sawada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 42 (1969), 56[PTP].
- K. Fujimura, T. Kobayashi and M. Namiki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 73[PTP]; ibid. 44 (1970), 193[PTP].
K. Fujimura and T. Kobayashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 45 (1971), 227[PTP].
- As for references, see a review of Pais;
A. Pais, Rev. Mod. Phys. 38 (1966), 215[APS].
R. Carlitz and M. Kislinger, Phys. Rev. Lett. 24 (1970), 186[APS];
Phys. Rev. D 2 (1970), 336[APS].
- R. Carlitz, S. Ellis, P. G. Freund and S. Matsuda, Preprint, CALT-68-260 (1970).
- K. Fujimura and T. Kobayashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 1633[PTP]; ibid. 44 (1970), 821[PTP].
- M. Imachi, T. Matsuoka, K. Ninomiya and S. Sawada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 38 (1967), 1198[PTP]; ibid. 40 (1968), 353[PTP].
T. Matsuoka, K. Ninomiya and S. Sawada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 41 (1969), 572[PTP].
- M. Ademollo and E. Del Giudice, MIT preprint (1969).
S. Sakai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 986[PTP].
T. T. Wu and H. B. Yang, Phys. Rev. 137 (1965), 708[APS].
- J. Iizuka, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. Nos. 37 & 38 (1966), 21[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 48 No. 5 (1972) pp. 1618-1635
Diffractive N* Productions in the Quark Model
Tsunehiro Kobayashi, Nobuyuki Nakamaru and Kikuo Saitō
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 51 No. 4 (1974) pp. 1152-1158
Electromagnetic Elastic Nucleon Form Factors in a Relativistic Quark Model
M. Blagojević and D. Lalović