Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 47 No. 6 (1972) pp. 1898-1909
Cut Contributions to the Neutral Pion Photoproduction in the Dual Cut Model
Department of Physics, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo 158
*Department of Physics, Waseda University, Tokyo 160
(Received November 20, 1971)
It is pointed out that in the dual cut model there is a possibility of cut dominance over the pole under the assumption of the generalized factorizability conditions introduced here. The energy dependence of differential cross sections for neutral pion photoproduction is successfully explained in terms of cut amplitudes if they satisfy these conditions. Some remarks are briefly given on the conspiracy condition in connection with pion exchange processes.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.47.1898
- R. Diebold, High Energy Photoproduction, Proceedings of the Boulder Conference on High Energy Physics, Boulder, 1969 (Colorado Associated University Press), p. 3.
H. Harari, Proceedings of the Fourth International Symposium on Electron and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Liverpool, 1969 (Daresbury Nuclear Physics Laboratory; England), p. 107.
- J. R. Johnson, Preprint, SLAC-124, 1970.
- K. Yamagishi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 46 (1971), 835[PTP].
- R. J. N. Phillips, Rapporteur Talk at the Amsterdam International Conference on Elementary Particles, 1971.
- K. Yamagishi, Preprint, Waseda University, 1971.
- Cited by M. Jacob, CERN TH-1328, 1971.
M. Ahmad and Fayyazuddin, Phys. Rev. D 2 (1970), 2718[APS].
- N. Sakai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 46 (1971), 846[PTP].
H. G. Dosch, Phys. Rev. 173 (1968), 1595[APS].
F. Arbab and J. D. Jackson, Phys. Rev. 176 (1968), 1796[APS].
C. C. Shih and Wu-Ki Tung, Phys. Rev. 179 (1969), 1580[APS].
J. S. Ball, W. Fraser and M. Jacob, Phys. Rev. Lett. 20 (1968), 518[APS].
G. F. Chew, M. L. Goldberger, F. E. Low and Y. Nambu, Phys. Rev. 106 (1957), 1345[APS].
M. LeBellac, Phys. Lett. B 25 (1967), 524[CrossRef].
- For factorization condition for the Regge pole, see, for example, J. P. Ader and M. Capdeville, Nucl. Phys. B 17 (1970), 177.
N. F. Nelipa and N. P. Zotov, Nucl. Phys. B 19 (1970), 51[CrossRef].
F. Arbab and R. C. Brower, Phys. Rev. 175 (1968), 1991[APS].