Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 50 No. 4 (1973) pp. 1194-1215
Magnetic Structures in Pure Type-II Superconductors
Department of Physics, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
(Received April 27, 1973)
The solution of the Gor'kov equations for Green functions is shown to have the same translational symmetry properties in the whole region of mixed states Hc1<H<Hc2 as the Abrikosov solution of the Ginzburg-Landau equation at T ∼Tc. This is the first theoretical proof of periodic structure of flux line lattice in the whole region. The flux is shown to be always quantized. With the help of the symmetry, the diagonal Green function is developed in a Fourier series with respect to spatial variation, each coefficient being a function of relative coordinate. The magnetic field and the off-diagonal Green function are similarly expanded. Equations for the Fourier coefficients are derived. Relations with the Ginzburg-Landau and the Brandt-Pesch-Tewordt theories are clarified. We may be able to truncate the Fourier series retaining only a few components with lower indices, since the neutron experiments have shown that those with higher indices are quite small.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.50.1194
- A. A. Abrikosov, J. Exp. i Theor. Phys. 32 (1957), 1442; Sov. Phys. -JETP 5 (1957), 1174.
D. Cribier, B. Jacrot, L. M. Rao and B. Farmoux, Phys. Lett. 9 (1964), 106[CrossRef].
U. Essmann and H. Träuble, Phys. Lett. A 24 (1967), 526[CrossRef].
- U. Krägeloh, Phys. Stat. Sol. 42 (1970), 559.
- J. Schelten, H. Ullmaier and W. Schmatz, Phys. Stat. Sol. (B) 48 (1971), 619.
J. Schelten, H. Ullmaier and G. Lippmann, Z. Phys. 253 (1972), 219.
- K. Maki, Physics 1 (1964), 21.
- U. Brandt, W. Pesch and L. Tewordt, Z. Phys. 201 (1967), 209.
J. M. Delrieu, J. Low Temp. Phys. 6 (1972), 197[CrossRef].
- G. Eilenberger and H. Buttner, Z. Phys. 224 (1969), 335.
- M. C. Leung and A. E. Jacobs, private communication.
- L. Neumann and L. Tewordt, Z. Phys. 189 (1966), 55.
A. E. Jacobs, Phys. Rev. B 4 (1971), 3022[APS].
A. E. Jacobs, Phys. Rev. B 4 (1971), 3029[APS].
- M. C. Leung and A. E. Jacobs, private communications, to be published in Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Low-Temperature Physics, Boulder, 1972.
- A. A. Abrikosov, L. P. Gor'kov and I. E. Dzyaloshinskii, Methods of Quantum Field Theory in Statistical Physics (Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1963).
W. H. Kleiner, L. M. Roth and S. H. Autler, Phys. Rev. A 133 (1964), 1226[APS].
E. Helfand and N. R. Werthamer, Phys. Rev. 147 (1966), 228[APS].
- G. Eilenberger, Z. Phys. 182 (1965), 427.
- G. Eilenberger, Z. Phys. 214 (1968), 195.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 51 No. 1 (1974) pp. 43-61
Magnetic Structures in Type-II Superconductors with Impurities
Yoshio Tamura and Yasushi Wada
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 51 No. 1 (1974) pp. 315-316
Magnetic Structures and Density of States in Type-II Superconductors with Paramagnetic Impurities
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 54 No. 4 (1975) pp. 939-951
Magnetization of Pure Type-II Superconductors