Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 50 No. 5 (1973) pp. 1675-1691
Weak Interaction Based on the Three-Triplet Model
— Simple Product of Charged Current
Department of Physics, Hokkaido University, Sapporo
(Received June 9, 1973)
On the basis of the three-triplet model of hadrons, we investigate the structure of weak interaction constructed as charged current × charged current. The hadronic current is a linear combination of (8,1), (1,8) and (8,8) components of SU(3)' ⊗SU(3)'', and the leptonic current is the usual one. General constraints are given under which weak interaction responsible for nonleptonic decays has no (27,1) representation. As differences between the ordinary interaction (Cabibbo theory) and interaction considered here appear in the matrix elements of the hadronic current products, we investigate properties of Adler-type and Gross-Smith-type sum rules for nucleon target and the nonleptonic interaction of ordinary hadrons. The following results are obtained: (1) Even if the (27,1) vanishing condition is satisfied, the Adler sum rules for nucleon target can be obtained. (2) It is possible to construct HW by the hadronic current which satisfies the closed-algebra and the (27,1) vanishing conditions. (3) The Adler sum rules cannot be obtained if the (27,1) vanishing and the closed-algebra conditions are imposed. (4) Under the (27,1) vanishing condition, the Gross-Smith sum rules cannot be obtained. (The values of the Gross-Smith-type integral are larger in magnitude than the original ones.) (5) If the value of \int10(Fνp2(x)-Fνn2(x))dx/x is larger than that in the usual theory, the value of \int10(Fνp2(x)-Fνn2(x))dx/x is larger than that in the usual theory. We discuss how to select various possibilities of weak interactions (the present model, our previous model and the Cabibbo theory).
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.50.1675
M. Y. Han and Y. Nambu, Phys. Rev. 139 (1965), B1006[APS].
Y. Nambu, Preludes in Theoretical Physics, edited by A. de-Shalit, H. Feshbach and L. van Hove (North-Holland P. C., Amsterdam, 1966), pp. 132 - 142.
Y. Miyamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. Extra Number (1955), 187[PTP].
N. Cabibbo, L. Maiani and G. Preparata, Phys. Lett. B 25 (1967), 132[CrossRef].
- K. Niu, E. MiKuno and Y. Maeda, Prog. Theor. Phys. 46 (1971), 1644[PTP];
Proceedings of Tasmania Conference on Cosmic Rays (August 1971, Australia).
- S. L. Adler, in Lecture on Elementary Particle and Quantum Field Theory, edited by S. Deser, M. Grisaru and H. Pendelton (MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1970).
R. L. Kingsley, Phys. Lett. B 40 (1972), 387[CrossRef].
- K. Fujii, M. Katuya, S. Okubo and S. Tamura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 49 (1973), 975[PTP].
S. Tamura and K. Fujii, Prog. Theor. Phys. 49 (1973), 995[PTP].
- K. Fujii, Nuovo Cim. A 58 (1968), 514.
N. Cabibbo, Phys. Rev. Lett. 10 (1963), 531[APS].
- M. Gell-Mann, Physics 1 (1964), 63.
S. L. Adler, Phys. Rev. 143 (1966), 1144[APS].
- H. Fritzsch and M. Gell-Mann, Proceedings of the Coral Gables Conference on Fundamental Interactions at High Energy (1971).
Y. Frishman, Phys. Rev. Lett. 25 (1970), 966[APS].
J. D. Bjorken, Phys. Rev. 179 (1969), 1547[APS].
D. J. Gross and C. H. L. Smith, Nucl. Phys. B 14 (1969), 337[CrossRef].
- N. Cabbibo, Rapporteur's report in Proceedings of the International Conference on High Energy Physics, Berkeley (1966).
J. C. Pati and C. H. Woo, Phys. Rev. D 3 (1971), 1173[APS].
M. Gronau, Phys. Rev. Lett. 28 (1972), 188[APS];
Phys. Rev. D 5 (1972), 118[APS].
- D. Ito and K. Fujii, Soryushiron Kenkyu (mimeographed circular in Japanese) 24 (1961), 245; ibid. 24 (1961), 331.
T. Goto, O. Hara and S. Ishida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 43 (1970), 849[PTP].
A. Kumar and J. C. Pati, Phys. Rev. Lett. 18 (1967), A655[APS].
M. Hirano, K. Fujii and O. Terazawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 40 (1968), 114[PTP].
- K. Iwata, S. Ogawa, H. Okonogi, B. Sakita and S. Oneda, Prog. Theor. Phys. 13 (1954), 19[PTP].
K. Fujii, Y. Ito, K. Iwata and O. Terazawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 33 (1965), 692[PTP].
T. Hayashi and M. Nakagawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 35 (1965), 515[PTP].
M. Katuya and K. Fujii, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 486[PTP].
- T. Hayashi, Y. Koide, S. Ogawa, H. Okonogi and M. Yonezawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. Extra Number (1968), 381[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 54 No. 6 (1975) pp. 1794-1800
Adler-Type Sum Rule, Charge Symmetry and Neutral Current in General Multi-Triplet Model
Mituaki Katuya, Yoshimitsu Baba and Kanji Fujii