Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 53 No. 4 (1975) pp. 1178-1191
Quantum Field Confined to a Finite Domain as a Model of Hadrons
— Case of a Spherical and Rigid Domain
Department of Physics and Atomic Energy Research Institute, College of Science and Technology, Nihon University, Tokyo
(Received October 11, 1974)
Theory of quantized field confined to a finite space-like domain is developed in conformity with relativity. The confining domain is a geometrical object rather than a dynamical one and physically meaningful effects are caused by some sorts of fields excited in the domain. The scalar field confined to a spherical rigid domain is examined in detail. It is shown that a Regge-like mass formula is obtained from our model and Poincaré invariance of the model is obvious.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.53.1178
- A. Chodos, R. L. Jaffe, K. Johnson, C. B. Thorn and V. F. Weisskopf, “A New Extended Model of Hadrons” M. I. T. Preprint (1974).
- T. Gotō, Prog. Theor. Phys. 47 (1972), 2090[PTP].
S. Mandelstam, Berkeley Preprint (1973).
M. Kaku and K. Kikkawa, “The Field Theory of Relativistic String” Preprint (1974).
- H. Yukawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. Nos. 37 & 38 (1966), 512[PTP].
Y. Katayama and H. Yukawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 41 (1968), 1[PTP].
- O. Hara and T. Gotō, Prog. Theor. Phys. 44 (1970), 1383[PTP]; Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 41 (1968), 56[PTP].
- E. M. Corson, Introduction to Tensors, Spinors and Relativistic Wave Equations (Blackie & Sons, Co. Ltd., London and Glasgow, 1953), pp. 18 and 29.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 56 No. 1 (1976) pp. 284-296
Quantization and Perturbation Theory of the Non-Abelian Gauge Theory Confined in the One-Dimensional Bag
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 58 No. 4 (1977) pp. 1283-1298
Covariant Quantization of Soliton in Gauge Theories
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 58 No. 5 (1977) pp. 1635-1644
The New Wave Equation of the Bi-Local Field and Its Mechanical Model