Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 53 No. 5 (1975) pp. 1420-1430
Duality, Absorption and the Dipole Pomeron
Department of Physics, Rikkyo University, Tokyo 171
(Received September 27, 1974)
By the use of the double-impact-parameter representation, a dual crossing-symmetric model of the dipole Pomeron with multiple exchange correction is proposed. Theoretical consequences of dual absorption on the Reggeonic amplitude is examined within the framework of the Veneziano duality. In particular, the dual structure and an effective parametrization on the absorbed Lovelace-Veneziano formula are elaborately investigated. It is also argued that the so-called dual geometrical amplitude at low momentum transfers originates in both the Veneziano duality and geometrical scaling, and that the Veneziano duality with dual absorptive correction lends active confirmation to the minimal interaction ansatz at high momentum transfers.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.53.1420
- R. J. N. Phillips, Rutherford Lab. preprint, RL-74-034 (1974).
- H. Fujisaki, Rikkyo Univ. preprint, RUP-74-11 (1974).
D. Sivers and J. Yellin, Rev. Mod. Phys. 43 (1971), 125[APS].
- J. L. Rosner, Stanford Univ. preprint, SLAC-PUB-1391 (1974).
- H. Harari, Lectures delivered at the 14th Scottish Universities Summer School in Physics.
Middleton Hall near Edinburgh, August 1973.
G. Veneziano, Phys. Rep. 9 (1974), 199[CrossRef].
R. W. Tucker and W. J. Zakrzewski, Nucl. Phys. B 40 (1972), 173[CrossRef].
H. Harari and A. Schwimmer, Phys. Rev. D 5 (1972), 2780[APS].
- D. Sivers, Stanford Unic. preprint, SLAC-PUB-1457 (1974).
- R. Oehme, Springer Tracts in Modern Physics, edited by G. Hohler (Springer, Berlin, 1972) 61, p. 109.
J. B. Bronzan and R. L. Sugar, Phys. Rev. D 8 (1973), 3049[APS].
- H. Fujisaki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 51 (1974), 1503[PTP]; ibid. 52 (1974), 596[PTP]; ibid. 52 (1974), 729[PTP].
H. Fujisaki, E. Akiba and S. Mutoh, Prog. Theor. Phys. 51 (1974), 1874[PTP]; ibid. 52 (1974), 196[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 81 No. 2 (1989) pp. 473-481
The Thermal Veneziano Duality