Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 53 No. 2 (1975) pp. 366-385
Bound State Due to a Pair of Interacting Magnetic Impurities in Metals. II
Department of Physics, Nagoya University, Nagoya
(Received June 28, 1974)
The bound states of conduction electrons due to a pair of magnetic impurities which interact with each other by an exchange interaction are investigated by the Yosida theory. Calculations of the previous work by the present authors are generalized by including the vertex correction. The binding energy is calculated within the most divergent approximation for some limiting cases of the strength of the exchange interaction W between impurities, and its behavior as a function of W is obtained by interpolation. Some unphysical features of the previous results caused by the neglection of the vertex correction are corrected. It is found that the binding energy is essentially given by the Kondo temperature defined as an energy where a perturbational series of the most divergent terms diverges.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.53.366
- As a review of the Kondo effedt, see. e.g.,
J. Kondo, Solid State Phys. 23 (1969), 183.
H. Suhl, ed. Magnetism V (Academic Press, 1973).
M. T. Beal-Monod, Phys. Rev. 178 (1969), 874[APS].
K. Matho and M. T. Beal-Monod, J. de phys. 32 (1971), 213;
Phys. Rev. B 5 (1972), 1899[APS].
K. Matho and M. T. Beal-Monod, J. of Phys. F 3 (1973), 136[IoP STACKS].
- K. Sato and Y. Nagaoka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 47 (1972), 348[PTP]; ibid. 49 (1973), 1377[PTP].
- K. Sato and Y. Nagaoka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 50 (1973), 37, [PTP]referred to as I.
- H. Ishii, Prog. Theor. Phys. 50 (1973), 1777[PTP].
Y. C. Tsay and M. W. Klein, Phys. Rev. B 7 (1973), 352[APS]; preprint.
- As a review of the Yosida theory, see K. Yosida and A. Yoshimori, Magnetism V, Suhl ed. (Academic Press, 1973), p. 253.
- A. A. Abrikosov, Physics 2 (1965), 5.
- S. Nakajima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 39 (1968), 1402[PTP].
- I. Okada and K. Yosida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 49 (1973), 1483[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 54 No. 2 (1975) pp. 580-582
Next Divergent Correction to the Bound State Due to a Magnetic Impurity Pair
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 72 No. 2 (1984) pp. 366-368
An Origin of an Anomalously Narrow Energy-Band in a Dense Kondo System
Hisao Jichu, Tamifusa Matsuura and Yoshihiro Kuroda