Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 55 No. 4 (1976) pp. 1016-1023
Renormalization Group Approach to a Quenched, Diluted Spin System
Physics Department, College of Liberal Arts, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received September 5, 1975)
The effect of dilution on the critical property of a magnet is studied by the renormalization group technique. It is found in the limit of weak dilution and the weak exchange coupling that the critical exponent may change by the existence of correlation in random occupation of sites. In the bond-random problem the critical property will depend on the randomness imposed on the system.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.55.1016
M. E. Fisher, Phys. Rev. 176 (1968), 257[APS].
- I. Syoji and S. Miyajima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 36 (1966), 1083[PTP].
- J. W. Essam and H. Ganelick, Proc. Phys. Soc. London 92 (1967), 136.
- A. Luther and G. Grinstein, Proceedings of the 19th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Boston 1973, edited by C. D. Graham, Jr. and J. J. Rhyne (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1974), p. 876.
G. Grinstein, Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, San Francisco 1974, edited by C. D. Graham et al. (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1975), p. 313.
A. B. Harris and T. C. Lubensky, Phys. Rev. Lett. 33 (1974), 1540[APS].
T. C. Lubensky, Phys. Rev. B 11 (1975), 3573[APS].
Th. Niemeyer and J. M. J. Van Leeuwen, Physica 71 (1974), 17[CrossRef].
- D. J. Morgan and G. S. Rushbrooke, Mol. Phys. 4 (1961), 291.
E. Brown, J. W. Essam and C. M. Place, J. Phys. C 8 (1975), 321[IoP STACKS].
- G. S. Rushbrooke, Critical Phenomena in Alloys; Magnets and Superconductors (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1971), p. 155.
G. S. Rushbrooke, R. A. Muse, R. L. Stephenson and K. Pirnie, J. Phys. C 5 (1972), 3371[IoP STACKS].