Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 55 No. 5 (1976) pp. 1356-1372
Ground State Spin Configurations of the Triangular Ising Net with the First, Second and Third Nearest Neighbor Interactions
Department of Applied Science, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812
(Received May 29, 1975)
The ground states of the triangular Ising system with the first, second and third nearest neighbor interactions, whose interaction constants are denoted by J1, J2 and J3, in the absence of an external magnetic field are obtained by the analytical way. It is shown that in the coordinate space of (J1, J2, J3), a total of seven ground states are found and many states are degenerated on the boundary planes between domains of those ground states. Spin configurations of the ground states are shown and the phase diagram of the ground states is given.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.55.1356
- Y. Bertrand, A. R. Fert and J. Gelard, J. de Phys. 35 (1974), 385.
N. Uryû and Y. Tanaka, Phys. Lett. A 51 (1975), 451[CrossRef].
- J. Kanamori, Prog. Theor. Phys. 35 (1966), 16[PTP].
- M. Kaburagi and J. Kanamori, Prog. Theor. Phys. 54 (1975), 30[PTP].
- The results of Ref. 4) agree with those of Katsura and Narita. Prog. Theor. Phys. 50 (1973), 1426[PTP]; ibid. 50 (1973), 1570[PTP].
- M. Kaburagi and J. Kanamori, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Solid Surface, Kyoto, March, 1974 [Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Suppl. Pt. 2 (1974), 145].
G. H. Wannier, Phys. Rev. 79 (1950), 357[APS].
B. D. Metcalf, Phys. Lett. A 46 (1974), 325[CrossRef].
- A. Narita and S. Katsura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 52 (1974), 1448[PTP].
Y. Tanaka and N. Uryû, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 39 (1975), 825[JPSJ].