Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 58 No. 5 (1977) pp. 1388-1404
Level Energies and Gamma Transitions of Deformed Even Nuclei
Iron and Steel Technical College, Nishikoya, Amagasaki 661
(Received December 3, 1976)
A collective Hamiltonian for deformed even nuclei is supposed to be composed of the vibrational energy Tvib, the rotational energy Trot and a potential term V. All low-lying bands are treated simultaneously. Level energies and relative B(E2) values are calculated for 23 even nuclei in the rare earth region. The potential term V(β, γ) is expanded about the centre of oscillation (βe, γe), and an anharmonic term of β is introduced. The introduction of the anharmonic term gives a dependence of the moments of inertia not only on I but also on nβ which is the quantum number of the β-vibration. Calculated level energies are, with some exceptions, in good agreement with experimental values and relative B(E2) values are much improved in comparison with corresponding values calculated from the Clebsch-Gordan coefficients.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.58.1388
- A. Bohr, Dan. Mat. Fys. Medd. 26 No. 14 (1952).
- G. Herzberg, Spectra of Diatomic Molecule, (Van Nostrand Company, Inc. Toronto, New York and London, 1950).
K. Kumar and M. Baranger, Nucl. Phys. A 92 (1967), 608[CrossRef].
A. Faesler, W. Greiner and R. K. Schline, Nucl. Phys. 62 (1965), 241[CrossRef];
ibid. 70 (1970), 33[CrossRef].
B. L. Barbrair, L. K. Peker and L. A. Sliv, Sov. Phys.-JETP 361 (1959), 566[AIP Scitation].
- J. P. Davidson, Collective Model of the Nucleus, (Academic Press, New York and London, 1968).
D. R. Bès, Nucl. Phys. 10 (1959), 373[CrossRef].
A. S. Davydov and G. F. Filippov, Nucl. Phys. 8 (1958), 237[CrossRef].
A. S. Davydov and A. A. Chaban, Nucl. Phys. 20 (1960), 499[CrossRef].
- A. S. Davydov, Kiev University Report ITF-67-9 (1967).
M. A. J. Mariscotti, G. Scharff-Goldhaber and B. Buch, Phys. Rev. 178 (1969), 1964[APS].
Raj K. Gupta, Phys. Rev. C 6 (1972), 426[APS];
ibid. 7 (1973), 2476[APS].
T. Yasaki and O. Miyatake, Phys. Rev. Lett. 79 (1950), 740[APS].
- M. E. Rose, Elementary Theory of Angular Momentum, (John Wiley & Sons, New York and London, 1957).
- Y. Yoshizawa, Osaka University Laboratory of Nuclear Studies Report OULNS 70-2 (1970).
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 60 No. 4 (1978) pp. 1002-1012
Level Energies and B(E2) Ratios of the Deformed Even Nuclei in the Actinide Region