Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 58 No. 6 (1977) pp. 1935-1946
Wave Function and Wave Equation on a Null-Plane
Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received August 26, 1977)
An equation satisfied by the wave function defined on a null-plane (i.e., lightlike wave function) is derived from the Bethe-Salpeter equation in non-gauge theory with ladder approximation. The derivation is based on an integral representation for the wave function. Properties of the lightlike wave function and wave equation are investigated. In particular, it is shown that the wave function has analyticity with respect to k⊥2 and that the wave equation has some peculiar properties although it reduces to the Schrödinger equation in the nonrelativistic limit.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.58.1935
G. 'tHooft, Nucl. Phys. B 75 (1974), 461[CrossRef].
- M. Ida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 54 (1975), 1519[PTP].
- M. Ida and H. Yabuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 55 (1976), 1606[PTP].
- M. Ida and H. Yabuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 56 (1976), 297[PTP].
S. Deser, W. Gilbert and E. C. G. Sudarshan, Phys. Rev. 115 (1959), 731[APS].
M. Ida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 23 (1960), 1151[PTP].
N. Nakanishi, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 18 (1961), 1[PTP].
- N. Nakanishi, Graph Theory and Feynman Integrals, (Gordon and Breach, 1971).
N. Nakanishi, Phys. Rev. 130 (1963), 1230[APS].
- M. Ida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 54 (1975), 1775[PTP].