Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 58 No. 3 (1977) pp. 733-742
Theory of Kondo Effect in Type II Superconductors
Department of Physics, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464
(Received February 5, 1977)
We study the equilibrium properties of type II superconductors with Kondo effect. The Kondo effect associated with the impurity spins is taken into account within the interpolation approximation, which was used previously in our calculations of the superconducting transition temperature and the specific heat jump at the transition temperature. Using this approximation, the general Ginzburg-Landau equations are derived for superconductors with Kondo effect and the Ginzburg-Landau parameter κ2(T) is calculated. One finds that the initial slope of the Ginzburg-Landau parameter shows a continuous change with TK / Tc0 and approaches the BCS-value at the end of an infinite Kondo temperature TK / Tc0 = ∞ in contrast to Maki's theory.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.58.733
T. Matsuura and Y. Nagaoka, Solid State Commun. 18 (1976), 1583[CrossRef].
T. Matsuura, S. Ichinose and Y. Nagaoka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 57 (1977), 713[PTP].
- S. Ichinose, Prog. Theor. Phys. 58 (1977), 404[PTP].
K. Maki, J. Low Temp. Phys. 6 (1972), 505[CrossRef].
- E. Müller-Hartmann and J. Zittarz, Z. Phys. 54 (1970), 234.
- A. A. Abrikosov and L. P. Gor'kov, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. (U.S.S.R) 39 (1960), 1781 [Sov. Phys.-JETP, 12 (1961), 1243].
- See, e.g., Superconductivity I, edited by R. D. Parks (Marcel Dekkar, New York, 1969).
- K. Winzer, Z. Phys. 265 (1973), 139.
T. Aoi and Y. Masuda, Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Low Temperature Physics (1972), p. 574.