Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 59 No. 5 (1978) pp. 1532-1542
On the Creation of Scalar Particles in Some Anisotropic Universe
Research Institute for Theoretical Physics, Hiroshima University, Takehara, Hiroshima 725
(Received January 21, 1978)
Because of an importance of the particle creation (especially, its possible fulfilment of the black-body law with a definite temperature) in an early universe to various other cosmological problems, we study how the creation of scalar particles occurs in the Bianchi-type I anisotropic universe adopted in our previous works on the quantized scalar field. It is shown that, as in a special isotropic case dealt with in recent papers, the creation may occur at the sacrifice of the requirement that the quantization procedure should reproduce the usual theory for a free field in the limit when the anisotropic universe changes into the Minkowski space-time. It is further shown that the creation occurs in accordance with the black-body law only a 2-dimensional hyper-surface relating to the anisotropic cosmic expansion, provided that we fix two arbitrary constants appearing in a general expression for the Feynman propagator in terms of a procedure similar to that in the isotropic case. A speculation on the isotropization of our model-universe is also made from the standpoint of seeking the attainment of the thermal equilibrium in the whole universe.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.59.1532
- Ya. B. Zel'dovich, JETP Lett. 12 (1970), 307.
Ya. B. Zel'dovich and A. A. Starobinskii, Sov. Phys. -JETP 34 (1972), 1159.
- L. Parker, in Asymptotic Structure of Space-Time, edited by F. P. Esposito and L. Witten (Plenum Press, New York, 1977), p. 107. In this lecture, many references of his original papers since 1969 and those due to others have been cited.
D. M. Chitre and J. B. Hartle, Phys. Rev. D 16 (1977), 251[APS].
B. S. DeWitt, Phys. Rep. 19 (1975), 295[CrossRef].
- H. Nariai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 58 (1977), 560[PTP]; ibid. 58 (1977), 842[PTP].
- H. Nariai and A. Tomimatsu, Prog. Theor. Phys. 59 (1978), 296[PTP].
H. Nariai and T. Azuma, Prog. Theor. Phys. 59 (1978), 1522[PTP].
- H. Nariai and T. Kimura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 29 (1963), 296[PTP]; ibid. 31 (1964), 1138[PTP].
S. A. Fulling, Phys. Rev. D 7 (1973), 2850[APS].
- H. Nariai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 57 (1977), 67[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 66 No. 6 (1981) pp. 2073-2084
Initial Behavior of a Quantized Scalar Field and the Associated Pair-Creation in Several Anisotropic Universes
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 67 No. 2 (1982) pp. 693-696
Cosmological Particle Creation