Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 60 No. 2 (1978) pp. 584-594
Pomeron and Critical Temperature
Department of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received February 2, 1978)
In the strong interactions of hadrons many “critical phenomena” seem to appear at about ten∼score BeV center-of-mass energy. The region of this energy (the critical-energy region) can be interpreted as the one where the Pomeron appears in place of ordinary resonances. On the other hand, ordinary resonances seem to be due to superfluidity of hadronic matter and so the critical phenomena could be regarded as the phenomena which appear when hadronic matter changes from the superfluid phase to the normal-fluid phase. If we call the temperature of hadronic matter which shows the critical phenomena “the critical temperature”, the Pomeron will begin to appear practically at the critical temperature and it will consist of the normal fluid.
In connection with the above facts, we will formulate the idea that when the temperature becomes the critical temperature corresponding to the critical center-of-mass energy, we have the intercept of Pomeron trajectory that is equal to 1.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.60.584
- Y. Miyatake, Soryushiron Kenkyu (Kyoto) 31 (1965), 1.
- Y. Miyatake, Prog. Theor. Phys. 52 (1974), 1975[PTP].
D. Horn, Phys. Lett. B 31 (1970), 30[CrossRef].
- A. Mann and R. M. Weiner, Nuovo Cim. A 10 (1972), 625.
S. Eliezer and R. M. Weiner, Phys. Rev. D 13 (1976), 87[APS].
- H. Harari, Phenomenology of Particles at High Energies, edited by R. L. Crawford and R. Jennings (Academic Press, 1974), p. 297.
S. Weinberg, Phys. Rev. D 9 (1974), 3357[APS].
H. D. I. Abarbanel, J. B. Bronzan, A. Schwimmer and R. L. Sugar, Phys. Rev. D 14 (1976), 632[APS].
H. D. I. Abarbanel, J. D. Bronzan, R. L. Sugar and A. R. White, Phys. Rep. C 21 (1975), 119[CrossRef].
- M. Kuroda and H. Miyazawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 50 (1973), 569[PTP].
- J. D. Jackson, Phenomenology of Particles at High Energies, edited by R. L. Crawfoad and R. Jennings (Academic Press, 1974), p. 2.
G. 't Hooft and M. Veltman, Nucl. Phys. B 44 (1972), 189[CrossRef].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 60 No. 3 (1978) pp. 935-937
Pomeron and Critical Temperature. II
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 62 No. 3 (1979) pp. 837-839
Pomeron and Critical Temperature. III