Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 61 No. 1 (1979) pp. 117-128
A Modified Cascade Model for Hadron-Nucleus Collisions at High Energies
Department of Physics, Waseda University, Tokyo 160
*College of Liberal Arts, Kobe University, Kobe 657
(Received July 14, 1978)
A modified cascade model for hadron-nucleus collisions is proposed. The reaction probability (r(y)) is introduced with which the produced hadron in the first inelastic interaction is able to collide subsequently. The Monte Carlo computation is three-dimensionally carried out by using the appropriate inclusive spectra and energy dependence of multiplicities in hadron-nucleon collisions. The inclusive pseudo-rapidity spectra of shower particles are compared in detail for p-Em reaction at 200GeV/c and the data are in good agreement with the prediction when r(y) is linearly dependent on the rapidity, y. For the inclusive spectra and the multiplicities, the dependence on the incident energy and the atomic number of the target is compared with data. The results are satisfactory. The following points are made clear: The contribution of Fermi motion is small and almost negligible. The three-dimensional treatment shows the significant difference with that of one-dimension for the inclusive spectra, especially at low pseudo-rapidities.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.61.117
- W. Busza, in Proceedings of High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure (Santa Fe and Los Alamos), (1975).
A. M. Baldin, Dubna preprint E1-11368 presented in International Conference on High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure (Zurich), (1977).
A. Dar and J. Vary, Phys. Rev. D 6 (1972), 2412[APS].
P. M. Fishbane et al., Phys. Rev. D 7 (1973), 3324[APS].
J. Koplik and A. H. Muller, Phys. Rev. D 12 (1975), 3638[APS].
- Y. Afek et al., THECHNION-PH-76-48.
K. Gottfried, Phys. Rev. Lett. 32 (1974), 957[APS].
- L. Bertocchi, in Proceedings of High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure (Santa Fe and Los Alamos), (1975).
- S. A. Azimov et al., paper submitted to the VII International Conference on High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure, (1977).
D. Chaney, T. Ferbel, E. Blesser and B. Gobbi et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 40 (1978), 71[APS].
A. Cappela and A. Krzywicki, Phys. Lett. B 67 (1977), 84[CrossRef].
A. Krzywicki, in Proc. XII Rencontre de Moriond, 1977, edited by Tran Thanh Van.
- G. D. Davidenko and N. N. Nikolaev, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 24 (1976), 402.
G. Białkowski, C. B. Chiu and D. M. Tow, Phys. Lett. B 68 (1977), 451[CrossRef].
- G. Giacomelli, FERMILAB-Pub-74/106-Exp (1974).
P. Capiluppi et al., Nucl. Phys. B 79 (1974), 189[CrossRef].
R. Slansky, Phys. Rep. 11 (1974), 99[CrossRef].
L. Foà, Phys. Rep. 22 (1975), 1[CrossRef].
J. Whitmore, Phys. Rep. 27 (1976), 187[CrossRef].
P. Stix and T. Ferbel, Phys. Rev. D 15 (1977), 358[APS].
- E. Segrè, Nuclei and Particles (W. A. Benjamin Inc., 1964).
- B. Furmanska et al., Acta. Phys. Polon. B 8 (1977), 973.
I. Otterlund, Cosmic Ray Physics Research, LUIP-CR-76-07.
- C. O. Kim et al., Lett. Nuovo Cim. 20 (1977), 257.
C. Halliwell, J. E. Elias, W. Busza et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 39 (1977), 1499[APS].
Presented data in International Conference on High Energy Physics, Tbilisi, (1976).
- H. Fukushima, Nuovo Cim. 34 (1976), 445.
- A. Inayoshi, Master Thesis at Kobe University (1978).
H. Noguchi, Master Thesis at Kobe University (1978).
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 62 No. 3 (1979) pp. 727-737
Cluster Cascade Model for High Energy Hadron-Nucleus Collisions
Naomichi Suzuki and Sohkichi Suzuki