Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 62 No. 5 (1979) pp. 1245-1252
The Relativistic Boltzmann Equation and the Equations of Magnetohydrodynamics with Radiative Reaction
Department of Mathematics, Dawson College, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
*Department of Physics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(Received June 11, 1979)
The relativistic collisionless Boltzmann equation with radiative reaction is derived from the conservation of the number of particles in the reduced six-dimensional phase space. It is then written in a covariant form. By taking invariant moments of the Boltzmann equation, we obtain the system of equations for relativistic magnetohydrodynamics taking account of radiative reaction.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.62.1245
G. N. Plass. Rev. Mod. Phys. 33 (1961), 37[APS].
- L. Landau and E. Lifshitz, The Classical Theory of Fields (London, 1962).
- Kwok-Kee Tam, J. O'Hanlon and K-Kuen Tam, Nuovo Cim. B 63 (1969), 241.
- K. Goto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 20 (1958), 1[PTP].
- K. Tam, Can. J. Phys. 46 (1969), 2226.
- K. Tam, Prog. Theor. Phys. 42 (1969), 775[PTP].
- F. Santini and G. Szamosi, Nuovo Cim. 34 (1965), 685.
- J. L. Synge, The Relativistic Gas (Amsterdam, 1957).