Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 66 No. 3 (1981) pp. 794-804
Resolution of Velocity Autocorrelation Function of a Model Liquid
Department of Physics, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo 186
*Department of Physics, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Tokyo 158
(Received March 18, 1981)
The velocity autocorrelation function (VAF) of a soft-core model liquid whose state is close to a freezing point is resolved into several basic modes by the method of an autoregressive analysis. The results show that a pure Langevin process does not inhere in the process of diffusion and that the motion of an atom of a classical monatomic liquid is described by the superposition of more than two different damped cosine modes. No clear-cut distinction is observed between diffusive and oscillatory motions. Those structures observed in the VAF and in spectrum are clearly explained by using the resolved modes.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.66.794
- P. A. Egelstaff, An Introduction to the Liquid State (Academic Press, 1967).
- C. Croxton, Liquid State Physics-A Statistical Mechanical Introduction (Cambridge Univ. Press, 1974).
A. Rahman, Phys. Rev. A 136 (1964), 405[APS].
- A. Rahman, Reactor Physics in the Resonance and Thermal Regions, edited by A. J. Goodjohn and G. C. Pomraning (The M. I. T. Press, 1966).
A. Rahman, J. Chem. Phys. 45 (1966), 2585[CrossRef].
- V. F. Sears, Proc. Phys. Soc. 86 (1965), 953.
K. S. Singwi and M. P. Tosi, Phys. Rev. 157 (1967), 153[APS].
P. S. Damle, A. Sjölander and K. S. Singwi, Phys. Rev. 165 (1968), 277[APS].
B. Caroli, G. Jannik and D. Saint-James, J. of Phys. C 4 (1971), 545[IoP STACKS].
D. E. O' Reilly, J. Chem. Phys. 86 (1971), 2876[AIP Scitation].
T. Gaskell and S. Miller, J. of Phys. C 11 (1978), 3749[IoP STACKS];
ibid. 11 (1978), 4839[IoP STACKS].
- G. E. P. Box and G. M. Jenkins, Time Series Analysis-forecasting and control (Holden Day, 1970).
- M. Fujii, Jikeiretsu Kaiseki (Corona, 1975).
- H. Endo and Y. Endo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 61 (1979), 1569[PTP].
W. G. Hoover, S. G. Gray and K. W. Johnson, J. Chem. Phys. 55 (1971), 1128[CrossRef].
- S. J. Cooking, Inelastic Scattering of Neutrons in Solids and Liquids (Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency, 1963).
P. D. Randolph, Phys. Rev. A 134 (1964), 1238[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 68 No. 5 (1982) pp. 1460-1469
Memory Function for the Autoregressed Velocity Autocorrelation Function of a Dense Liquid
Yoshikazu Endo and Homare Endo