Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 67 No. 6 (1982) pp. 1659-1667
Local-Phonon Transfer in the Asymmetric Ground States of the Two-Impurity System
Department of Physics, Niigata University, Niigata 950-21
Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106
(Received January 16, 1982)
The effects of intersite coupling of local phonons, i. e., phonon modes, on the asymmetric ground states of the two-impurity Anderson model are studied in comparison with those of electron transfer. The broken-symmetry states are stabilized by LO-type local phonons – but suppressed by LA-type phonons – only in first-order phase transition in parameter space. Vibronic transfer effects may be more significant than electronic ones in the rare-earth mixed-valence compounds.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.67.1659
S. Alexander and P. W. Anderson, Phys. Rev. 133 (1964), A1594[APS].
- H. Kaga, Prog. Theor. Phys. 65 (1981), 1485[PTP].
- H. Kaga and I. Sato, Prog. Theor. Phys. 65 (1981), 105[PTP].
- H. J. Leder and B. Mühlschlegel, Z. Phys. B 29 (1978), 341.
K. Yamada and K. Yosida, Electron Correlation and Magnetism in Narrow Band Systems, ed. T. Moriya (Springer Verlag, 1981), p. 210.
- Valence Fluctuations in Solids, ed. L. M. Falicov et al. (North-Holland, 1981).
- Highly Conducting One-Dimensional Solids, ed. J. T. Devreese et al. (Plenum, 1979).
- H. Kaga, p. 309 of the book cited in Ref. 5).
- H. Kaga, I. Sato and M. Kobayashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 64 (1980), 1918[PTP].
- G. Güntherodt, A. Jayaraman, H. Bilz and W. Kress, p. 121 of the book cited in Ref. 5).
C. Zener, Phys. Rev. 91 (1953), 303[APS].
P. G. deGennes, Phys. Rev. 118 (1960), 141[APS].
P. W. Anderson, Solid State Phys. 14 (1963), 99.
P. W. Anderson and S. T. Chui, Phys. Rev. B 9 (1974), 3229[APS].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 71 No. 2 (1984) pp. 256-266
Coupling of Asymmetric Magnetic Impurities and the Phase Diagrams
Hiroyuki Kaga and Yoshihiro Shibuya