Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 69 No. 4 (1983) pp. 1256-1271
On the Choice of Gauge Conditions for Systems with Secondary First Class Constraints
Department of Physics, Osaka City University, Osaka 558
*Research Institute for Theoretical Physics, Hiroshima University,
Takehara, Hiroshima 725
(Received December 18, 1982)
A general formula is developed to consistently choose the gauge conditions by which the required number of descendant constraints is obtained through the algorithm for their stationarity and all first class constraints are converted to the second class ones. The gauge functions in the total Hamiltonian of the system are determined at the final step after repeating, the same times as the number of secondary first class constraints, the algorithm with respect to the stationarity of the gauge constraints. The existence of such gauge constraints is really proved. The formulations are carried out not only in the phase space but also in the velocity phase space. Several examples are presented to illustrate the general formula.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.69.1256
- R. Sugano and H. Kamo, Prog. Theor. Phys. 67 (1982), 1966[PTP].
- R. Sugano, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 1377[PTP].
- R. Sugano and T. Kimura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 69 (1983), 252[PTP].
- P. A. M. Dirac, Lectures on Quantum Mechanics (Belfer Graduate Shool of Science, Yeshiva University, New York, 1964).
- T. Kimura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 27 (1962), 747[PTP].
A. Burnel, Phys. Rev. D 26 (1982), 442[APS].
S. Shanmugadhassan, J. Math. Phys. 14 (1973), 677[CrossRef].
D. Dominici and J. Gomis, J. Math. Phys. 21 (1980), 2124[CrossRef].
- A. Hanson, T. Regge and C. Teitelboim, Accad. Nazionale dei Lincei, Rome, No. 22 (1976).
- T. Kimura, Prog. Theor. Phys. 64 (1980), 357[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 73 No. 4 (1985) pp. 1025-1042
Relation between Generators of Gauge Transformations and Subsidiary Conditions on State Vectors
Reiji Sugano, Tohru Sohkawa and Toshiei Kimura
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 76 No. 1 (1986) pp. 283-301
Generator of Gauge Transformation in Phase Space and Velocity Phase Space
Reiji Sugano, Yoshihiko Saito and Toshiei Kimura