Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 69 No. 3 (1983) pp. 977-987
Role Q2Q2 Composites in D-Meson Decays
Department of Physics, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060
(Received October 23, 1982)
It is examined whether O+(Q2Q2) states in the s-channel of D-meson decays become relatively important when QQ contributions are suppressed. The strength of the weak transition to intermediate O+(Q2Q2) states is estimated on the basis of the relativistic composite (or Bag-like) model, and a sufficiently large contribution to the decay probability of D0-meson is obtained when the relevant O+ states have large widths (\gtrsim200 MeV) as well as masses not far from the D-meson mass. O+(Q2Q2) intermediate states with strangeness -1 formed through decay of the c-quark in the D+-meson are limited to the SU(3) flavor 27 representation. Thus, we obtain one of possible mechanisms solving the problem of D0- and D+-lifetimes.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.69.977
- See, e.g., the following reports and references cited therein;
S. Pakvasa, Proceedings of International Conference on High Energy Physics, Madison, 1980, edited by L. Durand and L. G. Pondrom, p. 1164.
D. G. Hitlin, Proceedings of Summer Institute on Particle Physics, July 28-Aug. 8, 1980, SLAC Rep. No. 239, 1981, p. 67.
M. Bando, T. Okazaki and K. Fujii, Z. Phys. C 12 (1982), 17.
- T. Hayashi, M. Nakagawa, H. Nitto and S. Ogawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 49 (1973), 351[PTP]; ibid. 52 (1974), 636[PTP].
See also M. Matsuda, M. Nakagawa and S. Ogawa, Prog. Theor. Phys. 63 (1980), 351[PTP]; ibid. 64 (1980), 264[PTP].
R. L. Jaffe, Phys. Rev. D 12 (1977), 267[APS];
ibid. 15 (1977), 281[APS].
J. Weinstein and N. Isgur, Phys. Rev. Lett. 48 (1982), 659[APS].
E. Golowich, Phys. Rev. D 24 (1980), 676[APS].
- S. Sakai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 65 (1981), 892[PTP].
- M. Bando, T. Kugo and S. Tanaka, Prog. Theor. Phys. 53 (1975), 544[PTP].
M. Bando, S. Tanaka and M. Toya, Prog. Theor. Phys. 55 (1976), 169[PTP].
- See, e.g.,
K. Johnson, Proceedings of the 17 Scottish University Summer School in Physics (1976), edited by I. M. Barbour and A. T. Davies, and references cited therein.
- T. Okazaki, M. Bando and K. Fujii, Proceedings of 1981 INS Symposium on Quark and Lepton Physics, Tokyo, June 25-27, 1981, edited by K. Fujikawa, H. Terazawa and A. Ukawa, (Institute for Nuclear Study, Univ. of Tokyo).
See also, M. Bando, T. Okazaki and K. Fujii, Z. Phys. C 12 (1982), 17.
- Y. Abe, K. Fujii, T. Okazaki, H. Arisue, M. Bando and M. Toya, Prog. Theor. Phys. 64 (1980), 1363[PTP]; Lett. Nuovo Cim. 30 (1981), 393.
- H. Sawayanagi, K. Fujii, T. Okazaki and S. Ōkubo; Phys. Rev. D, to be published.
H. J. Lipkin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46 (1981), 1307[APS].
- T. Hsu, Y. Zhung-le and L. Lian-sou, preprint HZPP-80-2 (1980).
L. Lian-sou, T. Hsu, Y. Zhung-le and J. Zhong-pin, preprint HZPP-81-3 (1981).
T. Okazaki and K. Fujii, Phys. Rev. D 27 (1983), 188[APS].