Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 70 No. 5 (1983) pp. 1299-1306
K--Nucleus Elastic Scattering at Intermediate Energies in the Isobar-Doorway Model
Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Osaka University, Osaka 567
(Received July 9, 1983)
The differential cross sections for the K--nucleus elastic scattering at about PK = 800 MeV/c are calculated in the phenomenological isobar-doorway model. The many-body corrections on Y* resonances in nuclei are represented by the resonance energy shift ΔE and width-modification factor β. The parametrizations given by Gopal et al. are used for the resonance amplitudes. The effects of ΔE and β on the cross sections are investigated in detail. The results are compared with the available experimental data for the K- elastic scattering on 12C and 40Ca at PK = 800 MeV/c. The calculated cross sections are in good agreement with the data. However, the cross sections are not very sensitive to ΔE and β.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.70.1299
S. R. Cotanch and F. Tabakin, Phys. Rev. C 15 (1977), 1379[APS].
C. B. Dover and P. J. Moffa, Phys. Rev. C 16 (1977), 1087[APS].
S. R. Cotanch. Nucl. Phys. A 308 (1978), 253[CrossRef];
Phys. Rev. C 23 (1981), 807[APS].
C. B. Dover and G. E. Walker, Phys. Rev. C 19 (1979), 1393[APS].
A. S. Rosenthal and F. Tabakin, Phys. Rev. C 22 (1980), 711[APS].
N. J. Paez and R. H. Landau, Phys. Rev. C 24 (1981), 1120[APS].
- R. A. Eisenstein, Proceedings of the Kaon Factory Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, August 1979, TRIUMF REPORT TRI-79-1, p. 75; Proceedings of the Workshop on Nuclear and Particle Physics at Energies up to 31 GeV, Los Alamos, New Mexico, January 1981, Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory Report LA-8775-C, p. 189.
- R. A. Eisenstein, Proceedings of the second Kaon Factory Workshop, Vancouver, Canada, August 1981, TRIUMF REPORT TRI-81-4. p. 118.
- D. Marlaw, Ph. D. thesis, Carnegie Mellon University (April 1981).
D. Marlaw, P. D. Barnes, N. J. Colella, S. A. Dytman, R. A. Eisenstein, R. Grace, F. Takeutchi, W. R. Wharton, S. Bart, D. Hancock, R. Hakenberg, E. Hungerford, W. Mayes, L. Pinsky, T. Williams, R. Chrien, H. Palevsky and R. Sutter, Phys. Rev. C 25 (1982), 2619[APS].
- Y. Sakamoto, Y. Hatsuda and F. M. Toyama, Lett. Nuovo Cim. 27 (1980), 140;
Phys. Rev. C 25 (1982), 2695[APS].
Y. Sakamoto and F. M. Toyama, Lett. Nuovo Cim. 32 (1981), 465.
C. B. Dover and G. E. Walker, Phys. Rep. 89 (1982), 1[CrossRef].
L. S. Kisslinger and W. L. Wang, Phys. Rev. Lett. 30 (1973), 1071[APS];
Ann. of Phys. 99 (1976), 374[CrossRef].
L. S. Kisslinger and A. N. Sharia, Proceedings of the International Topical Conference on Meson-Nuclear Physics, Carnegie-Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh, May 1976, Meson-Nuclear-Physics-1976, p. 184.
A. N. Sharia, R. M. Woloshyn and L. S. Kisslinger, Phys. Rev. C 23 (1981), 2140[APS].
L. S. Kisslinger, Phys. Rev. C 22 (1980), 1202[APS].
- N. Yamanishi, M. Kimura and Y. Takahashi, Prog. Theor. Phys. 69 (1983), 535[PTP].
G. P. Gopal, R. T. Ross, A. J. Vanhorn, A. C. McPherson, E. F. Clayton, T. C. Bacon and I. Butterworth, Nucl. Phys. B 119 (1977), 362[CrossRef].
R. A. Eisenstein and G. A. Miller, Comput. Phys. Commun. 8 (1974), 130[CrossRef].
I. Sick and J. S. McCarthy, Nucl. Phys. A 150 (1970), 631[CrossRef].