Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 71 No. 5 (1984) pp. 1093-1095
Continuum Theory of Excitation Spectra of Topologically Disordered Systems
Department of Physics, Kyushu University 33, Fukuoka 812
(Received February 9, 1984)
We propose a continuum treatment of random networks with odd rings near the antibonding bound. An analogy with nematic liquid crystals is demonstrated in which Rivier lines play the role of disclination lines. The state density is expressed in terms of fluctuations of gauge fields associated with Rivier lines.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.71.1093
- M. H. Cohen, in Topological Disorder in Condensed Matter, eds. F. Yonezawa and T. Ninomiya (Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1983), and earlier references quoted therein.
- F. Yonezawa and M. H. Cohen, in Fundamental Physics of Amorphou Semiconductors, ed. F. Yonezawa (Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1981).
- N. Rivier, Phil. Mag. 40 (1979), 853, and in Ref. 1).
N. Rivier and D. M. Duffy, J. de Phys. 43 (1982), 293.
- P. G. de Gennes, Physics of Liquid Crystals (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1974).
- M. Kléman, Points, Lines and Walls (John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1983).
- J. D. Joannopoulos and M. L. Cohen, in Solid State Physics, eds. H. Ehrenreich, F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic Press, 1976), vol. 31.