Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 71 No. 2 (1984) pp. 267-281
Scaling Property of the Relative Diffusion of Charged Particles in Turbulent Electric Fields. I
Department of Physics, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113
(Received October 13, 1983)
A model of correlated turbulent electric fields is proposed to describe the relative diffusion of two charged test-particles. This is a mimic of clumps in turbulent plasma. A nonlinear differential equation of the relative diffusion is obtained. An asymptotic behavior of the solution is investigated and its transient scaling property is shown to appear for a small value of the initial distance between the two test-particles. The characteristic time of this phenomenon (so-called clumps lifetime) is obtained. It increases as the correlation time of turbulent electric fields decreases, because the decrease of the correlation time causes effectively the decrease of electric fields.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.71.267
- T. H. Dupree, Phys. Fluid 15 (1972), 334.
- J. H. Misguich and R. Balescu, Plasma Phys. 24 (1982), 289, and references cited therein.
- M. Suzuki, in Statistical Mechanics and Chaos in Fusion Plasma, eds. C. W. Horton, Jr. and L. E. Reichl (John Wiley & Sons, 1983).
- M. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 56 (1976), 77[PTP]; ibid. 56 (1976), 477[PTP]; ibid. 57 (1977), 380[PTP].
- M. Suzuki, Adv. Chem. Phys. 46 (1981), 195.
- R. Stratonovich, J. SIAM Control 4 (1966), 362, and see also K. Ito, Proc. Imp. Acad. Tokyo 20 (1944), 519.
- M. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 69 (1980), 160[PTP].
R. Kubo, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 17 (1962), 1100[JPSJ].
- R. Balescu, in Statistical Mechanics and Chaos in Fusion Plasma.
- M. Kōno, in Statistical Mechanics and Chaos in Fusion Plasma.
- D. Pesme and D. Dubois, in Nonlinear Problems: Present and Future, eds. A. R. Bichop, D. K. Campbell, B. Nicolaenko (North-Holland Pub. Co. 1982).
- M. Suzuki, J. Stat. Phys. 16 (1977), 477.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 74 No. 5 (1985) pp. 997-1004
Relative Motion in Stochastic Velocity and Force Fields
Yutaka Inaba and Masuo Suzuki
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.195 (2012) pp. 114-119
Macroscopic Order Formation,Inflation Mechanism and Entropy Change