Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 75 No. 5 (1986) pp. 1044-1047
Band-Like Diffusion of Charged Particles in Metals
Research Institute for Fundamental Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received December 13, 1985)
Diffusion coefficient for charged heavy particles in metals is obtained by taking into account the particle-electron interaction based on the Kubo formula. It is pointed out that vertex correction in the two-particle Green's function is indispensable not to violate the internal consistency. By including the vertex correction in addition to the selfenergy correction, we obtain for band-like diffusion the same temperature dependence as that for hopping-like one.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.75.1044
- K. Yamada, Prog. Theor. Phys. 72 (1984), 195[PTP].
- J. Kondo, Physica 126B (1984), 377; ibid. 125B (1984), 279.
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai, and S. Miyazima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 73 (1985), 1342[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai, S. Miyazima and H. S. Hwang, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1030[PTP].
- J. Kondo, Physica 123B (1984), 175.
J. Kondo and T. Soda, J. Low Temp. Phys. 50 (1983), 21[CrossRef].
Citing Article(s) :
Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 62 (1993) pp. 3532-3538
Quantum Diffusion of Muons Interacting with Superconducting Electrons. II
Yoji Ohashi and Masashige Matsumoto
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 82 No. 4 (1989) pp. 689-701
T-Square Term of Electrical Resistivity
Kosaku Yamada, Masahiro Nakano, Kei Yoshida, Katsurou Hanzawa, and Akio Sakurai