Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 75 No. 5 (1986) pp. 1048-1057
New Formalism for an Overlap Integral of the Anderson Orthogonality Theorem
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Noda, Chiba 278
(Received January 20, 1986)
We propose a simple calculation method for an overlap integral between two ground states of the system with a local potential at each different site. Our formalism is applied to the overlap integral limited to l-wave scattering and the exact result is obtained. We also apply our formalism to the overlap integral for the system with l- and l'-partial wave components of scattering. The overlap integral in this case is exactly obtained in a closed form as a function of the phase shifts of l- and l'-waves. Our result covers that of Yamada, Sakurai, Miyazima and Hwang.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.75.1048
P. W. Anderson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 18 (1967), 1049[APS];
Phys. Rev. 164 (1967), 352[APS].
- K. Yosida and Y. Yoshimori, Magnetism, ed. H. Suhl (Academic Press, 1973), vol. V, p. 253.
P. Nozières and C. T. de Dominicis, Phys. Rev. 178 (1969), 1097[APS].
- K. Yamada and K. Yosida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 1504[PTP]; ibid. 59 (1978), 1061[PTP]; ibid. 60 (1978), 353[PTP]; ibid. 62 (1979), 363[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai and M. Takeshige, Prog. Theor. Phys. 70 (1983), 73[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai and S. Miyazima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 73 (1985), 1342[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai, S. Miyazima and H. S. Hwang, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1030[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 78 No. 3 (1987) pp. 583-590
Anderson Orthogonality Theorem
Takeshi Kitamura, Akihide Oguchi and Kei Yosida
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 90 No. 1 (1993) pp. 43-51
Overlap Integral between the Ground States of an Electron Gas Corresponding to Two Positions of a Scattering Potential
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.106 (1991) pp. 147-156
Orthogonality Exponents in Low-Dimensional Metals