Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 75 No. 5 (1986) pp. 1196-1203
The Dynamical Origin of Nuclear Mass Number Dependence in EMC-Effect
Institute for Nuclear Study, University of Tokyo, Tanashi, Tokyo 188
(Received November 7, 1985)
A new method to extract the absolute probability of the exotic component in the nucleon structure function of the deep inelastic lepton-nucleus scattering is proposed. Then it is found that the mass number dependence of the probability determined is consistent with the probability of exotic components in multi-nucleon overlap. This suggests that the deformation of the nucleon structure function is causd by the interaction among nucleons during their overlap.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.75.1196
- J. J. Aubert et al., Phys. Lett. 123B (1983), 275.
- For examples, S. J. Wimpenny, talk given at the 10th Int'l Conf. on Particle and Nuclei, Heidelberg, 1984 (Preprint No. CERN-EP/84-115), and references thererin.
K. Rith, talk given at the Int'l Europhysics Conf. on High Energy Physics, Brighton, 1983 (Preprint No. Freiburg Univ. THEP83/5), and references therein.
R. G. Arnold et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 52 (1984), 727[APS].
S. Daté, K. Saito, H. Sumiyoshi and H. Tezuka, Phys. Rev. Lett. 52 (1984), 2344[APS].
- M. Glück, E. Hoffmann and E. Reya, Z. Phys. C13 (1982), 119.
- T. Nakagawa and Y. Oyanagi,“Program System SALS for Nonlinear Least-Squares Fitting in Experimental Science” in Recent Developments in Statistical Inference and Data Analysis, ed. K. Matsushita (North Holland Publishing Company, 1980), p. 221.
J. M. Greben and A. W. Thomas, Phys. Rev. C30 (1984), 1021[APS].
- M. Sakai et al., Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 56 (1974), 32[PTP].
- K. Yoshinada, in Proc. of the Int'l Sympo. on Electromagnetic Properties of Atomic Nuclei (TIT, Tokyo, 1983), p. 77.
B. L. Birbrair et al., Phys. Lett. B166 (1986), 119[Elsevier].
- K. Saito and T. Uchiyama, Z. Phys. A322 (1985), 299.
J. Dias de Deus, M. Pimenta and J. Varela, Phys. Rev. D30 (1984), 697[APS].
F. E. Close, R. L. Jaffe, R. G. Roberts and G. G. Ross. Phys. Rev. D31 (1985), 1004[APS].
R. L. Jaffe, F. E. Close, R. G. Roberts and G. G. Ross, Phys. Lett. 134B (1984), 449.
- N. N. Nikolaev, Preprint OU-TP-58/84 (1984).
- A. M. Baldin, Proc. 19th Int'l Conf. High Energy Physics, Tokyo, 1978, p. 455.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 77 No. 2 (1987) pp. 384-390
Number of Quarks in Exotic Component in Nuclei
Schin Daté, David Kiang and Mira Dey