Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 75 No. 3 (1986) pp. 534-549
Dynamics of Solitons in an Easy-Plane Ferromagnetic Chain
— A Discrete Lattice Model
Physics Department, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Kyoto University, Kyoto 606
(Received November 5, 1985)
Numerical analysis is carried out for soliton modes in a one-dimensional easy-plane ferromagnetic lattice with an in-plane magnetic field. Lifetime of the sine-Gordon soliton is studied as a measure of difference between the lattice model and the continuum one. Three oscillatory modes are observed as collective motions of spin vectors, which are not in the continuum media. Lattice discreteness is found to be essential to the soliton dynamics in the solid material.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.75.534
- H. J. Meikeska, J. of Phys. C11 (1978), L29.
- E. Magyari and H. Thomas, J. of Phys. C15 (1982), L333;
Phys. Rev. B25 (1982), 531[APS]; J. of Phys. C16 (1983), L535.
P. Kumar, Phys. Rev. B25 (1982), 483[APS];
Physica 5D (1982), 359[Elsevier].
- G. Wysin, A. R. Bishop and P. Kumar, J. of Phys. C15 (1982), L337; ibid. C17 (1984), 5975.
- R. Liebmann, M. Schobinger and D. Hackenbracht, J. of Phys. C16 (1983), L633.
J. F. Currie, S. E. Trulinger, A. R. Bishop and J. A. Krumhansl, Phys. Rev. B15 (1977), 5567[APS].
Y. Ishimori and T. Munakata, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 51 (1982), 3367[JPSJ].
J. A. Combs and S. Yip, Phys. Rev. B28 (1983), 6873[APS];
ibid. B29 (1984), 438[APS].
M. Peyrard and M. D. Kruskal, Physica 4D (1985), 88[Elsevier].
- K. Hida, T. Miyazaki and M. Kitamura, Phys. Lett. 98A (1983), 119.
- C. Etrich, H. J. Meikeska, E. Magyari, H. Thomas and R. Weber, preprint.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 78 No. 2 (1987) pp. 316-328
Numerical Study of Effects of Interchain Coupling on Soliton Propagation