Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 77 No. 3 (1987) pp. 653-670
Gauge-Invariant Perturbations in a Spatially Flat Anisotropic Universe
Reserch Institute for Theoretical Physics, Hiroshima University, Takehara, Hiroshima 725
(Received December 8, 1986)
The gauge-invariant perturebations in a spatially flat anisotropic universe with an arbitrary dimension (=N) are studied. In a previous paper the equations for the perturbations with a wave vector ka in one of the axial directions were derived and their solutions were shown. In this paper the perturbations with ka in arbitrary directions are treated. The remarkable properties are that all three types (scalar, vector and tensor) of pertubations are generally coupled, so that a dencity perturbation can be produced also by vector or tensor perturbations.
The formulation is quite general, but the behavior of the perturbations is discussed in a simple case such that N=4 and ka is orthogonal to one of the axial directions. In this case, the perturbations are divided into two groups which are dynamically decoupled from each other. The asymptotic behavior of the perturbations in the group containing the density perturbation is descussed.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.77.653
- E. M. Lifshitz, J. Phys. (Moscow) 10 (1946), 116.
E. M. Lifshitz and I. M. Khalatnikov, Adv. Phys. 12 (1963), 185.
S. W. Hawking, Astrophys. J. 145 (1966), 544[CrossRef].
E. R. Harrison, Rev. Mod. Phys. 39 (1967), 862[APS].
W. H. Press and E. T. Vishniac, Astrophys. J. 239 (1980), 1[CrossRef].
A. Chodos and A. Detweiler, Phys. Rev. D21 (1980), 2167[APS].
- D. Sahdev, Phys. Lett. 137B (1984), 155;
Phys. Rev. D30 (1985), 2167[APS].
- H. Ishihara, Prog. Theor. Phys. 72 (1984), 376[PTP].
J. Demart and Hanquin, Phys. Rev. D31 (1985), 258[APS].
R. B. Abbott, S. M. Barr and S. D. Ellis, Phys. Rev. D30 (1984), 720[APS].
E. W. Kolb, D. Lindley and D. Seckel, Phys. Rev. D30 (1984), 1205[APS].
- K. Maeda and M. D. Pollock, Phys. Lett. 173B (1986), 251, and references therein.
- H. Ishihara, Phys. Lett. 179B (1986), 217.
- For example, about the comoving gauge, H. Nariai, Prog. Theor. Phys. 41 (1969), 686[PTP].
J. M. Bardeen, Phys. Rev. D22 (1980), 1882[APS].
- H. Kodama and M. Sasaki, Prog. Theor. Suppl. No. 78 (1984).
- A. G. Doroshkevich, Ya. B. Zeldovich and I. D. Novikov, Sov. Phys.-JETP 33 (1971), 1.
See also A. G. Doroshkevich, Astrophys. 2 (1966), 15.
T. E. Perko, R. A. Matzner and L. C. Shepley, Phys. Rev. D6 (1972), 5[APS].
B. L. Hu and T. Regge, Phys. Rev. Lett. 29 (1972), 1616[APS].
- K. Tomita and M. Den, Phys. D34 (1986), 3570.
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 79 No. 5 (1988) pp. 1110-1125
Gauge-Invariant Perturbations in the Process of Isotropization of an Anisotropic Universe