Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 78 No. 3 (1987) pp. 583-590
Anderson Orthogonality Theorem
— Overlap Integral between Two Ground States with Differnt Centers of Local Potential
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Science Univesity of Tokyo, Noda 278
(Received April 9, 1987)
The overlap integral between two ground states of the conduction electron system with a local potential at each different site is studied. The overlap integral is obtained for the system with 3 nonzero partial wave components of scattering, and this result is extended to the general case with n nonzero phase shifts. It is shown that the calculation of the exponent of the overlap integral can be reduced to solving an eigenvalue problem.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.78.583
P. W. Anderson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 18 (1967), 1049[APS];
Phys. Rev. 164 (1967), 352[APS].
- K. Yosida and Y. Yoshimori, Magnetism, ed. H. Suhl (Academic Press, 1973), vol. V. p. 253.
P. Nozières and C. T. de Dominicis, Phys. Rev. 178 (1969), 1097[APS].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai and M. Takeshige, Prog. Theor. Phys. 70 (1983), 73[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai and S. Miyazima, Prog. Theor. Phys. 73 (1985), 1342[PTP].
- K. Yamada, A. Sakurai, S. Miyazima and H. S. Hwang, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1030[PTP].
- K. Yamada and K. Yosida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 1504[PTP]; ibid. 59 (1978), 1061[PTP]; ibid. 60 (1978), 353[PTP]; ibid. 62 (1979), 363[PTP].
- A. Oguchi and K. Yosida, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1048[PTP].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 90 No. 1 (1993) pp. 43-51
Overlap Integral between the Ground States of an Electron Gas Corresponding to Two Positions of a Scattering Potential
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement No.106 (1991) pp. 147-156
Orthogonality Exponents in Low-Dimensional Metals