Prog. Theor. Phys. Vol. 79 No. 2 (1988) pp. 330-342
Theory of Many-Fermion System on Unitary-Transformation Method
Department of Physics, Kyushu Institute of Technology,
(Received October 16, 1987)
A theory is formulated for solving a many-Fermion system in the framework of unitary-transformation method. A unitary transformation of a product form Πnexp S(n) with n-body operator S(n) is introduced. The operator exp S(n) is determined on the principle that the transformed Hamiltonian should not have interactions which induce n-particle-n-hole excitation. It is proved that the operator S(n) can be given in terms of eigenstates of n-body subsystem Hamiltonian and the true gound state can be given by Πn exp S(n)|φ0>, where |φ0> is the unperturbed free ground state.
DOI : 10.1143/PTP.79.330
- M. Wagner, “Unitary Transformations in Solid State Physics”, Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences, ed. V. M. Agranovich and A. A. Maradudin (North Holland, 1986), vol. 15.
- F. Villars, Proceedings of the International School of Physics ≪Enrico Fermi≫, Course XXIII (1963), 1.
J. da Providência and C. M. Shakin, Ann. of Phys. 30 (1964), 95[CrossRef].
- K. Suzuki and R. Okamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 75 (1986), 1388[PTP]; ibid. 76 (1986), 127[PTP].
K. Suzuki, R. Okamoto and H. Kumagai, Phys. Rev. 36C (1987), 804[APS].
I. Shavitt and L. T. Redmon, J. Chem. Phys. 73 (1980), 5711[CrossRef].
- P. Westhaus, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 20 (1981), 1243.
- K. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 246[PTP].
- K. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 68 (1982), 1627[PTP].
- K. Suzuki and R. Okamoto, Prog. Theor. Phys. 70 (1983), 439[PTP]; ibid. 71 (1984), 1221[PTP].
H. Kümmel, K. H. Lührmann and J. G. Zabolitzky, Phys. Rep. 36 (1978), 1[CrossRef].
Citing Article(s) :
Progress of Theoretical Physics Vol. 87 No. 4 (1992) pp. 937-955
Reformulation of Coupled-Cluster Theory for Many-Fermion System on Similarity-Transformation Theory